Streamlight Protac Rail Mount 1 & 2

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Have any of you guys checked out the new lights from Streamlight? Looks to be a competitor for Surefire's Scout series.

I'm tempted to preorder the "2," as it's only $110. That's a huge difference compared to Surefire's $300+ pricing.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    That's a ton of light for the money, I had a minor problem with a 10 year old TLR1 recently, it came back better than ever in maybe a week or so, and no shipping to China like some brands

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Looks like the "1" retails for $99, so I really can't see what the application would be, when the "2" costs $109. Both have a high output and low output, and come with the tapeswitch and mount.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    1 looks like it works on multiple batteries, albeit at a lower output. Less light is better than no light if your trying to find CR123's at a gas station or something at 3 am cause you realized you ran out of batteries and your light is dead.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    1 looks like it works on multiple batteries, albeit at a lower output. Less light is better than no light if your trying to find CR123's at a gas station or something at 3 am cause you realized you ran out of batteries and your light is dead.

True, but I'd at least keep a few extra CR123's on hand when the light only requires one to run. The alternative of using one AA battery is neat, but it cuts it down to 150 lumens.

I wonder if these lights will bolt up to surefire m300 and m600 scout light mounts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I highly doubt it. The mount looks proprietary and could be the sole disadvantage of buying this over a surefire.

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    On m4carbine.net there was a thread started by Impact Weapon Componets. They said the Streamlight Protac rail mount 1&2 will be compatable withe the Surefire scout mounts.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    On m4carbine.net there was a thread started by Impact Weapon Componets. They said the Streamlight Protac rail mount 1&2 will be compatable withe the Surefire scout mounts.

Way to **** in my cheerios! :rofl:

Sounds like this light will be a winner.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Do want to see mo of this. Looks promising. I have been very impressed by Streamlight so far. Carried one for 5 years. Wow. Just realized that as I typed it....nothing but goodness so far.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Is it on a sbr by any chance?

Light position in relation the muzzle has a lot to do with wear. It shouldn't matter if it's an SBR or not, but I can see what you're getting at. That being said, I'm interested to know if these do hold up to extreme muzzle blasts.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom