Stripped lower prices

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Storm52

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Shreveport
    I'm not in the market for any, but was browsing JSE Surplus for complete upper deals and home page had various mfg lowers available. Why is there such a wide price range between manufacturers? I understand the reason between forged and milled prices, but is one forged any different than another? Tighter tolerances, finish?

CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Several machine shops that were subcontractors to more popular brands (Colt, RRA, Bushmaster) have started their own brand (Essential Arms, Stag). In this case, the only difference would the name stamped on the side.

Why the difference in price? Supply & demand. Colt brings a premium simply because people (not me) will pay more for one.

Obey

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 14, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    There are certainly differences, but as a general rule, the sentiment above applies. I'd be wary with the lower-priced receivers ($55-$65) and check thoroughly, but any of the major manufacturers like Stag, LMT, Colt, YHM, Noveske, RRA, Bushmaster, etc. etc. are usually made side by side at one of the 4 or 5 machine shops (Mega, CMT, LMT, and one or two others).

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom