Students for Concealed Carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoubleJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    New Iberia,LA
    New here, not going to lie mainly joined to make this post figured it'd reach a good audience here. But you will definitely see me stick around.

I'm a ULL student and really wanting to get a Students for Concealed Carry Chapter rolling here. LSU, UNO, and I believe Tech all have chapters.
    It's done through www.concealedcampus.org. They have a application process to become a leader and get a chapter started.Problem is I want to do it but my time at ULL is almost done, just have the fall left and I won't even be a full time student. I think this should be started by someone who will be here for at least a year. I definitely want to help out to as much as possible I'm just not fit for the position,was hoping someone that would fit that may be a member here?
    Application process is here: http://concealedcampus.org/apply/
    I'm not currently affiliated with them or anything, I just feel that we need this organization to develop at all colleges and had I known about it a year earlier then I'd have started it up myself!
    Thanks guys..If by chance anyone is interested get with me I'd like to meet up and discuss it and offer as much help as possible.

Last edited:

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    i agree with allowing cc on campus completly, i was a college student up in wa state, at WSU you couldnt carry and u i didnt have a cpl either...but i also in wa state the community colleges didnt have any laws preventing carry y students... so everyday i carried on campus with my cpl...

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    New here, not going to lie mainly joined to make this post figured it'd reach a good audience here. But you will definitely see me stick around.

I'm a ULL student and really wanting to get a Students for Concealed Carry Chapter rolling here. LSU, UNO, and I believe Tech all have chapters.
    It's done through www.campusconcealed.org. They have a application process to become a leader and get a chapter started.Problem is I want to do it but my time at ULL is almost done, just have the fall left and I won't even be a full time student. I think this should be started by someone who will be here for at least a year. I definitely want to help out to as much as possible I'm just not fit for the position,was hoping someone that would fit that may be a member here?
    Application process is here: http://concealedcampus.org/apply/
    I'm not currently affiliated with them or anything, I just feel that we need this organization to develop at all colleges and had I known about it a year earlier then I'd have started it up myself!
    Thanks guys..If by chance anyone is interested get with me I'd like to meet up and discuss it and offer as much help as possible.
    Welcome aboard! Your first link is flipped around by the way - might want to fix that :) I am an underclassman at LSU and would be very interested in helping out with this and I have quite a few like-minded friends who would be willing to jump aboard as well. What do we need to do to get the ball rolling?

DoubleJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    New Iberia,LA
    Welcome aboard! Your first link is flipped around by the way - might want to fix that :) I am an underclassman at LSU and would be very interested in helping out with this and I have quite a few like-minded friends who would be willing to jump aboard as well. What do we need to do to get the ball rolling?

Thanks for catching the brain fart..haha
    LSU already has a chapter going! And I believe monthly meeting you should get in touch with them and join up!
    https://www.facebook.com/scccatlsu?fref=ts
    Or email the leader you can find his email address here: http://concealedcampus.org/states/louisiana/

I hadn't talked to them at all so not exactly sure on the meetings and all..But plan to get in touch soon to get ideas once I can find someone willing to apply for the leadership position at UL..I wish I could just do it

Last edited:

benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I am going to talk with my brother. He is going to be at ULL next semester. After he gets a chance to meet some like minded people I am sure he would love to be a part of the leadership for the group.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I emailed the guy who is "in-charge" of the LSU chapter and all he said was to go like the Facebook page. I see no hope.

DoubleJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    New Iberia,LA
    I emailed the guy who is "in-charge" of the LSU chapter and all he said was to go like the Facebook page. I see no hope.
    Yea I saw your pm. Meant to reply but forgot to.
    That doesn't sound too great.
    Also found this: http://www.lsureveille.com/news/article_b986192a-6b41-11e2-8786-001a4bcf6878.html
    With some inaccurate statements made by the group: licensed gun, pulling medical record to get a ccp, etc.
    But I think the group is a great thing just need to make sure what you say is accurate in these situations.
    There facebook group shows when meetings are, I'd start attending and express your concern and give advice on how to better handle inquires on the group than just saying "go like our facebook page"
    Just because you see "no hope" at this point doesn't give you a reason to not join. Join, be active, make suggestions. Maybe your impact is what's needed

Last edited:
    Top Bottom