Suppressor accuracy field test

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I have been experimenting more with my suppressors in some POI and accuracy testing and made a pretty incredible discovery yesterday at the range.

I had actually never shot my 556r through the suppressor (for some reason never thought about the fact that it has 5/8x28 threads on it), but the rifle typically prints 2.5 groups at 100 with most 7.62x39 ammo. And yesterday at Sherbourne it was about the same. The kestrel .308 is a pretty heavy suppressor so I was expecting some poi change, but I had no idea it was going to be so considerable. It moved the group 11.5" down and 3.25" to the right. This was repeated several times. The most surprising fact was the effect on accuracy.

It literally cut the group size in half. This was with tulammo fmj, golden tiger fmj, and wolf HP. The rifle will consistently shoot 1.5" or better 5 shot groups at 100 yds! I would shoot 5 shots,remove brake, install suppressor,and shoot 5 more. The best group of the day was 1.375" at 100 yds with a Sig cp1 fixed 3x scope!

I guess all that weight really enhances barrel harmonics! I will next do a test with my DPMS .308 ORACLE.

ENJOY!
    PATRICK
    uploadfromtaptalk1422199947404.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422199961529.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422199971791.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom