Suppressor sights

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPS

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2014
    Port Vincent, Louisiana
    While I'm waiting for my can to come in I'm trying to get my g21 gen 4 ready and have read a lot of different things about suppressor height sights vs regular height sights. I will be shooting the gun suppressed and unsuppressed so would tall sights affect my poi without a can on? I know I may have poi shift with the can. Should I just get regular sights and shoot through the can? Should I be looking at getting adjustable sights? Just a few questions I had I don't want to buy something and regret it later.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It really depends on your intentions. If you plan to shoot suppressed a lot, then by all means, get the suppressor height sights. Be aware that this could affect holster fit also. If you plan to just use the can intermittently or as a novelty, then stick with regular height.

POI shift will be negligible at normal pistol range. I wouldn't worry about adjustable sights.

I'd just shoot with the regular sights first and see how it works out for you.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have adjustable sights on all my HK USP's and Adjustable sights on my Glock 19 and 34. Comes in handy when you shoot suppressed, but EVERY round will impact POI. So I have a gun set up for 158 gr ammo, I have most of the others set up for 147gr American eagle. I have a set of fixed suppressor sights I haven't installed yet. I'm waiting to get my slide milled on my g34, and will use those instead of the tall dawson precision adjustable sights.

Btw, for shooting quick, WITHOUT the suppressor, I feel the tall sights slow me down, maybe a personal thing, but the tall front blade without the suppressor blacking out most of it makes it harder for me to concentrate.

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Personally, I would go with suppressor height sights. Once you shoot with your suppressor, you will always want to shoot with your suppressor.

LPS

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2014
    Port Vincent, Louisiana
    Thanks for the reply guys that's what I wanted to hear, noob I found that tall sighs are harder for me to pick up to but then again I don't practice with them a lot

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Well I have two g19's one with tall sights and 1 without. If I shoot suppressed I'll use the tall sight one.

LPS

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2014
    Port Vincent, Louisiana
    I think I'll order a set of tall sights for now an see how they work out I'm still a few months out on my can. Thinking about a rmr in the future would that be with it or just extra hastle?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Last edited:

LPS

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2014
    Port Vincent, Louisiana
    Yeah I really like the Atom slides an yeah they might be a little high but I don't mind paying for a quality product only thing is I don't see where they make one for a g21 anywhere an I take it the rmrs hold up pretty well ?

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I'd have the RMR mount in front of your rear sight. I bought my slide complete from One Source. Excellent work.

Last edited:

LPS

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2014
    Port Vincent, Louisiana
    Thanks for the replys guys that's what I wanted to hear. After reading up on it I definitely want a rmr but just gonna have to wait a few months looks like tall sights for right now an just add on as time and money permits

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mike_717
    Top Bottom