Sure are a lot of Newbies on here........

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Just a suggestion but maybe the admin could make it to where you need a minimum of say 50-100 posts before you can post in the classifieds. Might be the ticket, if the software can function that way.

It does function that way. However, it is more beneficial to BayouShooter to let new members post their wares. It drives traffic through the marketplace, which IMHO is the heart and soul of this forum and makes it so successful. The downside is that it needs to be heavily policed, so it is our policy to put a mod in charge of it and drive him unmercifully to police all the idiotic people who refuse to read the rules. Said mod is forced to do this until he begins to drool and his eyes begin to bleed leading to a total breakdown upon which they usually go into the off-topic forums and COMPLETELY LOSE THEIR **** IN PUBLIC. It's fun to watch!

Lizardxxx

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I rarely post, but I've made 3 good deals from the Classifieds lately. Now, if I can just find that $15k AR-15 my wife bought me by mistake so I can post it up for sale.... :D

GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    I'm a newbie! But I have no AK or AR for sale, nor any pmags or 100 round saiga drums. I admit, I wish a did have a few laying around! LOL!!!

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Was noticing the same thing. Still think we need a minimum post count before you can post in the Market Place. But that's just my humble opinion.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    A lot of other sites also require a minumum post count to post in areas like Off Topic and Politics/Current Events. That would make me happier than a pig in ****.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357962456.366516.jpg

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    It does function that way. However, it is more beneficial to BayouShooter to let new members post their wares. It drives traffic through the marketplace, which IMHO is the heart and soul of this forum and makes it so successful. The downside is that it needs to be heavily policed, so it is our policy to put a mod in charge of it and drive him unmercifully to police all the idiotic people who refuse to read the rules. Said mod is forced to do this until he begins to drool and his eyes begin to bleed leading to a total breakdown upon which they usually go into the off-topic forums and COMPLETELY LOSE THEIR **** IN PUBLIC. It's fun to watch!

And for the record, I am joking. I love my job. It really appeals to my OCD nature.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I understand the desire to have a minimum post count for this or that but being a newbie doesn't necessarily preclude you from having something to offer in terms of opinion or an item to sell. I personally would like to have the software modified, if possible, to require location to be filled out to post in the Marketplace. It would also be nice for WTS that the software require images to be posted in the text of the thread. That would save a lot of mod time.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    I understand the desire to have a minimum post count for this or that but being a newbie doesn't necessarily preclude you from having something to offer in terms of opinion or an item to sell. I personally would like to have the software modified, if possible, to require location to be filled out to post in the Marketplace. It would also be nice for WTS that the software require images to be posted in the text of the thread. That would save a lot of mod time.

I'd be out of a job. Do you REALLY think I should be modding this side of the house? I would self destruct in 2 days.

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    Two ways to fix.

1) You must have at least (100) post before being able to post in the classifieds. Stipulations are that you can not have more than 2 post per day and they must be legitimate post in the Off Topic and Politics/Current Events. You aren't even allowed to post in the classifieds/marketplace.

2) You must be a "MEMBER - by purchasing a membership) and then you must have at least (50) post before being able to post in the classifieds. Stipulations are that you can not have more than 2 post per day and they must be legitimate post in the Off Topic and Politics/Current Events. You aren't even allowed to post in the classifieds/marketplace.

Dgraham225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Denham springs
    I'm new here, Didn't come here to sell anything or to stir **** lol! I can see where you guys are coming from, with all the gouging and market craze..

I like jmansrogers solution, make anyone who wants to utilize the classifieds be a paid member. I'd gladly do that if need be. It'd cut out the bull crap that's for sure

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Two ways to fix.

1) You must have at least (100) post before being able to post in the classifieds. Stipulations are that you can not have more than 2 post per day and they must be legitimate post in the Off Topic and Politics/Current Events. You aren't even allowed to post in the classifieds/marketplace.

2) You must be a "MEMBER - by purchasing a membership) and then you must have at least (50) post before being able to post in the classifieds. Stipulations are that you can not have more than 2 post per day and they must be legitimate post in the Off Topic and Politics/Current Events. You aren't even allowed to post in the classifieds/marketplace.

27891625.jpg

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Two ways to fix.

1. Having previous posts, at any number, doesn't make you any smarter than a newbie as far as following rules. I've bought from and sold to people with lower post counts and they haven't been any better or worse than members with large post counts. Those that follow the rules, generally, are those that have posted in the Marketplace several times regardless of post count.

2. I have thought about that as a solution but it goes back to the same issue of post count. And on becoming a member, I would bet that 80% of the non-premium members don't know how to become a member. I have to re-figure it out every year I re-up. I can't believe there isn't even a sticky on that.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    The post count / time thing is something I am against.

We have had guys come on here & stir all kind of stuff & never sell anything and get banned.

Some guys only buy & sell and never cause a problem. I have bought from a few that mainly used the marketplace & never posted elsewhere. Not a problem.

Deal with the idiots as they need to be dealt with and don't penalizes the new guy's that can handle life.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge

With the old Marketplace rules I could start a belt thread and get 5000 views and sell 100 belts. I would sell the majority of them to people who joined the site to contact me. I just assume this since they would have 1 post and sent me a PM. I wish those days would come back, I know there was some talk about merging the sponsors and regular marketplaces where you could reply to sponsors threads but not to regular for sale threads. That would be nice.

Top Bottom