Survival Straps

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    That looks like something that would take a few hours, never be completed, and end in fire and profanity.

Well, on the positive side, if you attempt to make one and give up, paracord is always nice to have around. I have all sorts of ropes and stuff I keep around for various odd jobs, but paracord is a pretty stout little rope in a small package.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    haha man i sucked at it, and my wife picked it up like a pro. she's made me a rifle sling, a few monkey fists, lots of keychains, and bracelets for me and friends. even sold a few. one day she wasnt home and i wanted to spruce up my sitka so i learned it, and felt like a basket weaver or something lol

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    haha man i sucked at it, and my wife picked it up like a pro. she's made me a rifle sling, a few monkey fists, lots of keychains, and bracelets for me and friends. even sold a few. one day she wasnt home and i wanted to spruce up my sitka so i learned it, and felt like a basket weaver or something lol

Yeah, I might get some and put my girlfriend to the task lol. Girls are usually better at braiding things, but I am sure once you get different weaves and types of braids down, just about anything can be made.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    i will say, when you learn it. do the "wide strap" thats on that website. super easy, and adds like another 7 feet of cordage.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I have one that is the blue line for the po po. I had a buddy show me how to make em and felt like an idiot for not just making my own. I have no patience at all and it wasn't a big deal.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I went nuts a while back making all kinds of **** out of paracord. It's very easy to learn, and once you get the hang of it you can make stuff quick. Before long you'll realize everything you own has paracord wrapped around it or hanging from it. :rofl:

del4

All around nice guy.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Walker
    What can you do with these things in an emergency? I'm just asking. Curious.

Where can one buy paracord?

Paracord, aka 550 cord because it's 550 lbs test, can be used for anything you need a strong line for. Inside the cord there are seven(?) smaller strings inside the outer sheath which gives you a lot of string in a small package. During land survival in the navy we used it to make shelter, nets, traps etc. with it. At surplus stores it was cheap and plentiful.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    What can you do with these things in an emergency? I'm just asking. Curious.

Where can one buy paracord?

Many would say rope/string is one of the most important survival tools, the uses are endless. And paracord is about as good as it gets. It's thin, lightweight and can hold 550lbs, or you can remove the inner strings and use them for fishing line, etc. A typical bracelet contains 7-10ft of paracord an is designed in a way that allows it to come apart easily. A rifle sling could easily hold 100ft.

I personally don't rock the bracelets anymore, but I do keep about 100ft of paracord in all of my BOBs.

I wish they'd stop adding "SURVIVAL" to **** just to make it sell.

Even if the item is specifically designed for "survival" use like these are? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom