Surviving at Home

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Leesville Louisiana
    Well no matter where you live you need to get a good parinoid antisocial attitude depising people and shuning anything and everyone first hand. Read lots of books on right wing stuff to include a little Mine Kemf, by Hitler.:mad: Maybe shave your head bald for effect or go the other way and never shave. Its 90% mental and 10% arsenal.:cool:

Now it is important never to serve a day in the real military that way when you think you are ready you can promote yourself to general, you know in your own heart you have always had a knack for leardership. Now all generals need an enemy to be really happy. The Survivalist General will most certainly find some one, likely of an ethnic group other than himself, to despise, fear and make an enemy, that way he can justify the big ammo bill that he has burried at the end of the lower forty. You know, just in case.

Then of course we have to have spiritual justifacation so somehow it gets twisted by some wide eyed preacher:eek3: with a knack for brainwashing:o from church decon to something across the Sabine River burning a cross, well not much anymore but its still around.:confused:

Did I hit the nail on the head,:rolleyes: they say a B-17 pilot in WWII knew he was right over the target, by all the flack he was catching. Or is it fun to be a Survivalist, maybe so. I know I need at least 6 cases of 5.56 maybe some more 45 and 9mm.

You will need at least some kind of handgun in every corner of the house, including the shower, or fortress that you devise. Make sure you have your yard properly land mined or booby trapped, with ground sensors and video surveilence devices.:cool:

You top this off with a Pit Bull dog, usless for just about anything except dog fights and hog hunting, the gun you personally carry should be able to stop your own dog when he turns on you. Yea, I know the one you own is different, gentle as a poodle and would never harm a fly. I know some of you have Boa Constrictors, I just guessed at that one.:rofl:

Is it the hard ware like the totally tricked out flashlight, laser sight, red dot, and tactical teliscopic sight all on one 20 pound AR-15 with three tapped on 30 round magazines, how you yern for full auto and an M203 grenade launcher. And you think to yourself in a day dream, "Ahh If I only had a white phospherous grenade.":mad:

You will need a wife or girl friend who looks good in a bakini and rememeber you get to have the excuse that she needs more guns to protect herself. Anyway she looks good on the cell phone pics shooting the Sawed Off Remington 870. But can she cook? You might do well to get an ugly fat chick that can cook all that poached venision you have convinced yourself its OK shoot, cause some other moron thinks the Mayan Calender marks the end of the world in 2012.

You must have fire, generators, vehicles, bullet proof vests, rapeling ropes, chains, first aid kits, range finders, MREs, hand cuffs flash lights and many batteries for all the different electric sights, tarps, tents, light sticks, toilet paper, soap, and other personal items, blankets, tv set, cell phone, two way radio ect. and by all means a BFK.

Yes you will need a big knife just like in Rambo, 14 to 18 inch Bowie with a serreted edge, spike handle with a hidden compartment in the handle that contains an inflatble M1 Abrams Tank. What ever happened to Swiss Army knives.:rolleyes:

Well we all have different list but this is some of the basics for home survival in the land of the free and the home of the brave. Yes you might be nutty as a fruit cake, but only in America, and as Uncle Ted (who also has a few screws lose:eek3:) says you cant do this in France. Pass it on:mamoru:

Last edited:

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    What?

Let me get this straight.

Are you saying that any American that maintains a level of preparedness is some kind of lunatic Nazi Skinhead? I take offense to that. I really don't get what you are trying to say.

I was in the Army (Combat Arms) for 21 years, is that close enough to the "real military" for you? I hope so.

I do keep an ample amount of ammo on hand, just in case. Does that put me on the fringe of society? Not even.

I also have some AR's, an FAL and some things that shoot 7.62x39. Does that make me a radical? I don't think so.

I also have some nice knives and yes, some of them are big. Are you saying that I think I am "Rambo"? Please.

I have set of "walk about" radios and when I go hiking and hunting behind the house my wife monitors one in case I need help. Am I some kind of domestic terrorist? Don't be a fool.

I do have a couple of generators too. But, then I have gone through a couple of Hurricanes. Do you think that would make me want to overthrow the government? My mother-in-Law lives with us and uses a breathing machine several times a day. How's that generator look now?

By the way, my wife is absolutely beautiful and she is a hell of a cook. And, I have never poached an animal in my life. Don't do it, don't condone it.

Please help me understand. If the survival forum upsets you, as it apparently does, don't come in. How is that for "Freedom"?

I hope that this was some attempt at humor.

Respectfully,
    Al

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    as one of those preppers, I also dont take myself too seriously..

I see some humor in the original post, but I can also laugh at myself at almost anything..

this might get interesting.. grabbing the popcorn

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    An English teacher who recommends reading "Mine Kemf" by Hitler WTF??
    I'd recommend hittin' the sauce then passin' out before submitting this kinda crap in the wee hrs.

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    I do take some precautions as far as survival goes but I do not consider my self crazy or on the fringe. I tell friends it's in case of zombies because I try to make light of the whole situation and I think it's kinda funny. Any way, I would also have to go with FAIL. I don't want to restart stuff but the OP I will say seems eccentric

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    An English teacher who recommends reading "Mine Kemf" by Hitler WTF??
    I'd recommend hittin' the sauce then passin' out before submitting this kinda crap in the wee hrs.

I think that these mis-spellings are intentional so as to imply that prepared people are, among other things, incapable of writing or spelling.

I did just notice that the OP wrote this at 0330 this morning. Might have been a little "sleep deprived".

Be good guys.
    Al

p.s. Ted Nugent for President

Last edited:

Uncle John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Leesville Louisiana
    Of course Im not recomending Hitler, but believe me there are plenty of you out there that go a little too far sometimes in your preparedness, go ahead and do it because you can. Dont be surprised if someone like me finds it the sourse for some mirth.

It reminds me of the guy that went to the shrink and said "My wife thinks Im crazy because I like pancakes." The shrink pondered a moment and said, "Nothing wrong with that, I like pancakes too." "Great!" said the guy, "Come over to my place, I have trunks and trunks of them." In this case our hero was certainly prepared for breakfast in case the ballon goes up.

You will find that during an ammo shortage like the recent one survivalist will go out and buy up all the bullets, like it was the end of the world, 2012 is comming soon guys.
    I'm not questioning your 2d Amendment Right or you Patriotism, no its really something else entirely.

Yes I deliberately mispell words for a reason. It drives anal retentive types crazy. I get a kick out of making an AR qiver like a dog trying to s#!+ peach seeds, if you have never seen this you missed a great event in your life. Rearrange everything on their desk and see what happens or turn everything at a 45 degree angle now thats fun. Fun to is this, making a survivalist look at himself in the mirror and ask the big Why question. Of course in two minutes he will find some justifiable reason for more ammo. Shall I say the little voices. Its OK you vets can go down to the VA and put in for 100% due to delayed stress syndrome.

Doesn't anyone just buy guns for hunting anymore????

I've seen guys take their whole paycheck and put it on guns and ammo, go down and start recruiting for the militia at a gun show, set up their property as I previously mentioned and shower with a stainless 1911. Now I dont think the normal passer by would think me wrong in the face of this show. It also gets passed on to the kids sometimes in the form of bigotry (I doesn't matter who you hate, you will find some poor slob or group that will fit your bill) so we have to be careful around the kids. Remember if you got all that stuff you must be afraid of something if it goes beyound the normal tools of country prepared living. Yes some need some of that stuff if you use it and I can see the need for the home defense. Its the hording that worries me, and the contimplation of a need to defend for the non exsitent, wouldn't you think that just a little parinoid?

Last edited:

GIJeaux

Army Retired
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Leesville/Ft Polk, La.
    Luckily, here in America, you can have opinion on this matter. You may also choose not to participate.

I think that for you to come into the Survival forum and imply that those who chose to come here are some kind of Subversive Nazi Racists was in poor taste on you're part. That's my opinion that I am free to have.

If you are bothered by Preparedness, by all means, stay the heck out.

I am sure that this is some of the FLAK that you had hoped for but, I don't care. Why you would intentionally come in the Survival Forum and insult people I don't know. So far, everyone on Bayou Shooters has treated you respectfully since you showed up on here.

I've seen guys take their whole paycheck and put it on guns and ammo, go down and start recruiting for the militia at a gun show, set up their property as I previously mentioned and shower with a stainless 1911.

What I buy with my money is none of your concern. I am still free to buy whatever I want, however much that I want and do with it what I want (within the limits of the laws) without answering to you or anyone else. Last I looked you don't support me financially in anyway at all.

Anyway, I have spoke my mind. Be well Uncle John.
    Al

sraiford

Pro Castle Law
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Baton Rouge and Mobile
    I've seen guys take their whole paycheck and put it on guns and ammo, go down and start recruiting for the militia at a gun show, set up their property as I previously mentioned and shower with a stainless 1911.

What militia did you see recruiting? I've been looking for a legit one in Alabama to join when I retire.

And anyone who showers with a stainless 1911 is just not thinking. It's too heavy to keep lodged in your butt crack, you need something like a keltec .380 or a ruger lcr.......unless you have a big ass:mamoru:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I think he may be one of those 1/2Libs that think guns are ONLY for hunting animals...of the four legged variety.

WrongHole.png

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA
    Definitely a troll.

On another note, anyone else have the feeling the school system in Leesville may be lacking in one subject.

Top Bottom