Syrian War Thread- Syria Accepts Russian Proposal To Surrender Chemical Weapons

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    There are a dozen other capable countries to intervene if this is such an atrocity. I'm sick and tired of our playing policeman when its neither welcome nor appreciated.

Withdraw from the middle east and let the dogs kill each other.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Yep! Not in the mood to hear about how righteous the west is when it comes to preventing genocide. If you think there isn't an international rating scale for determining which ethnic group or race of people deserve the empathy, and thus the protection and/or intervention of the west; read history! ;)

Yeah, and the rating scale is written in pencil. Ain't a helluva lot of ethnic difference between Syrians and Kurds.

I found the photos of gassed women and chidren in Halabja as disturbing as anything in Syria.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Dishonored

My screen didn't refresh before I edited my post.

No, I didn't miss the point. Explain our total silence about chemical weapon use in the Iran Iraq war. And again in Halabja.

You feel as though the actions of past presidents should make this one a hypocrite?

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    This is being based on international law.
    They broke that rule using chemical weapons. If they did.

Notice we don't mess with Egypt or North Korea.... Etc.

Have your rebel wars and civil wars. Do not break international law or threaten other nations safety.

Does this mean that if they stick to machetes and AKs for tools of slaughter it would be different? Seems to me that dead is dead.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Does this mean that if they stick to machetes and AKs for tools of slaughter it would be different? Seems to me that dead is dead.

Yes, it is different and its perfectly acceptable.

I cite as a source: Africa for past 2 decades. thousands of men women and children slaughtered, but machetes and AK's are used instead of bombs so its "okay"

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    There are a dozen other capable countries to intervene if this is such an atrocity. I'm sick and tired of our playing policeman when its neither welcome nor appreciated.

Withdraw from the middle east and let the dogs kill each other.

How do you keep a dog from winning a fight?
    You keep it weak.

crazy white boy

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    St. Charles Parish Hahnville
    I think we need to keep our nose out of this one. We have no dog in this fight what so ever. They have been killing each other as far back as History goes. Let the killing continue nothing will change. At one time the US military was a strong power around the world this is no longer the case with all the cuts to defense spending and the wars we are already involved in. China and Russia are 2 strong world powers. Nobama had better think long and hard before he pulls the trigger on World War III.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I've reached the point in this thread where I'm done. This info just won't "click" with some of you.
    Ah. What gives.

what gives is that you are accepting a spoon fed rationale for engaging in military intervention while ignoring the obvious point that the US govt picks and chooses which "atrocities against humanity" to intervene in and which to let slide under the media radar.

It's such an atrocity that NO OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD wants to intervene. Our presence isn't welcome or warranted, absolutely no reason to be there.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I think we need to keep our nose out of this one. We have no dog in this fight what so ever. They have been killing each other as far back as History goes. Let the killing continue nothing will change. At one time the US military was a strong power around the world this is no longer the case with all the cuts to defense spending and the wars we are already involved in. China and Russia are 2 strong world powers. Nobama had better think long and hard before he pulls the trigger on World War III.

He and his ilk, probably see this as an opportunity for the new "New Deal!" ;)

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    what gives is that you are accepting a spoon fed rationale for engaging in military intervention while ignoring the obvious point that the US govt picks and chooses which "atrocities against humanity" to intervene in and which to let slide under the media radar.

It's such an atrocity that NO OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD wants to intervene. Our presence isn't welcome or warranted, absolutely no reason to be there.

When you have the resources that the guys making calls have or want things done exactly your way, run for office.
    I'm sure most of us here would..n't vote for you. We all know how correct you are most of the time.....

Picks and chooses? Do you know what makes them pick what they are doing?? Please don't tell me you are basing it off of what the media reports.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm not asking for your vote. I'm asking you to make an intelligent argument to support the idea you are advocating without parroting off the babble you absorbed from foxnews this morning.

In fact, if you are incapable of doing so I'd be more inclined to ask you NOT to vote ...for me or anyone else.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I'm not asking for your vote. I'm asking you to make an intelligent argument to support the idea you are advocating without parroting off the babble you absorbed from foxnews this morning.

In fact, if you are incapable of doing so I'd be more inclined to ask you NOT to vote ...for me or anyone else.

Beat me to it. I'll settle for argument based on logic. Make one; I'll listen.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    If I had my way we'd close every military base/site we have in any other country. Send home everything we need to and the push the rest in a pile and burn it to the ground.
    Put our Guys and Girls on out boarders.
    If someone needs our help, well lets see, exactly what have you done for us. How have you treated us. Sorry, not good
    enough.
    If they are worthy of our help and we decide to give it then they are paying for all of it.

Same with our Aid money. Cut it all off

Top Bottom