T53's are in!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sportsbud

Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    They are here!!!! check your PM's For details!!!!! remember get with the FFL before pick up!!!

Payments have been dropped off, rifles are being ordered!!!!!!!!! When we get a day we will arrange pickup!!!

If I dont respond to you in 1 day please PM me again reminding me, as sometimes I notice a PM and dont reply...

FFL is in NOLA!

Alright here is how its going to be run, the final price will be $125 per rifle, that is with FFL fee (Which is $10 a rifle), The money for the rifle will be collected up front in the form of a MO or certified check, it will be $115 the FFL fee will be collecteId in cash upon picup at the FFL! The FFL wants it run like this otherwise he would have to involve more of his time and charge more for the FFL fee... If you are in the Drop DEAD date will be 3/1/13 for the recipt of the MO. If you are in send me a PM!! with your Full name and phone number!!!! and I will send you the address and name of FFL, and my full name and address to send the MO!!!! please no cash I do not want to deal in cash!!! I do not have a Paypal, and will be taking pictures of every MO and sending it you via PM to verify I got it... Now I know I am new here and there are trust issues, so any questions feel free to PM me!!

Also pickup will be first come first pick....

To Sum up:
    1. Send me a PM with how many rifles you want, Name and Phone#
    2.I will send a PM verying, Name and address of FFL, and my Full Name and address(if you are very suspicious I can send a photo of my DL)
    3. You mail or deliver me a MO for how many rifles you want, $115 a rifle(please have it on the way by the 27th so it can be here by March 1st the CUTOFF!!!) anyone that has issues please contact me!!!
    4. I will deliver the MO to the FFL who will then place the order on Monday March 3rd!!! any issues!!! I will also photgraph each MO ad send it to you to verify recipt!!
    5. When the rifles come in this thread will be updated, and you come and pick them up, and pay the FFL a fee of $10 a rifle!!
    6. You clean up the rifle and proceed to shoot thousands of rounds of 7.62x54r and have some serious fun!!!

I will be taking photos of each MO and and documenting th proccess to cover myself, any issues PLEASE PLEASE PM ME!!!!

Alright guys I am getting a group buy organized on T53's from SOG, I have a FFL on line in NOLA, and he is just starting out so in order to drum up buisness he is only charging a small FFL fee, From SOG the rifles will be $94, and shipping we dont have an exact estimate, shipping is 18+5 for each additional rifle so the more we buy the close to 5 bucks it gets, right now it will be abut 7 bucks a rifle so I am revising my estimate (SOG can be unpredictable on the cost), but after Tax and FFL fee we are looking at $150 max, (More likely $140), but plan for $150 in case money is tight so you wont get caught off guard...

Cost should be around ~125 or so... final numbers soon!!!!!

Info on the type of rifle: INFO:http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinM44EEC.htm

Now this will be a buyer beware, you will not be getting a pristine condition russian gun, the stocks are almost always tore-up but still serviceable, the metal is usually good, and most bores are reported to be great, the bores will not be chromed lined, so you must take care of them properly!!!!I suggest you google T53's before committing, and as of now this will most likely be a pay up front(have yet to hear a definitive answer will be getting back when I know more), and be a first come first served on pick-up(for handpicking them SOG does not sort them by quality), they will be covered in cosmoline so please please look up how to clean them up, and make sure to clean the chamber so you dont get a stuck casing!! (had that happen not fun at all...) any question please post them here or please PM me. I will be asking that you PM me with your real Name and how many rifles and contact info I will be making a spreadsheet on this to keep track of how many we shall be doing...

Example of rifles wood a little beat up and metal finish worn off, sometimes minor pitting but great bores:

208264032b2b7ab54771b4df4a51e2b04de4c83e.pjpg

Here is a link on how clean Cosmoline on a Mosin:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmElUyysyKU
    Here is some general history:
    http://www.mosinnagant.net/global mosin nagants/Chinese-T53Carbine.asp

Now I am up for 2 so the list starts with me:

Sportsbud- 3 rifles: UNPAID

Cnodie1 2 Rifles PAID!

jslj11244 1 RIfle PAID!

Madmax4x4 2 Rifle PAID!!

Goosecreeper 1 rifle PAID!!!
    sixgundunn 3 Rifles!! UNPAID!!
    DSpangler 1 Rifle paid!!

Alright guys I am calling this done! we are 13 rifles!!! I will be delivering the MO and heloig with the order Monday or Tuesday, so if anyone is left the only way to get in is to hand deliver the MO to me or the FFL in NOLA!!! When the rifles get close to coming in we will arrange a schedule for when they can be picked up!

Last edited:

sportsbud

Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Its not a M53 some people think its called a M53 as you call a Russian one a M44 or M38 etc... but to the Chinese the rifle is called Rifle Type 1953(something close to that) so its called a T53 for Type 53...

sportsbud

Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    They are the same thing, just people call them m53 or t53's the correct term is t53 but everyone gets m53 also... and wow they have 553 in stock? Damn were did all of these come from? And we are getting them for 30 bucks cheaper after everything...

sportsbud

Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Last edited:

sportsbud

Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Just got off the phone with Omega weapons systems, if your looking for a true true beater, like one you use to pratcie chopping barrels,and other gunsmithing, they have 20-30 T53's for $69 bucks... bear in mind these are true true beaters, the ones from SOG are miles better but for 69 bucks, if your looking for one to chop and SBR in the form of an obrez you cant get cheaper then $69

If you want to order one from Omega you should call them at
    (520) 889-8895
    and ask them what they want from your FFL in order, to order...

Now the rifles from Omega are beat up!!! may not even be able to shoot safely, I have heard reports of keyholing rifles from them too...

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Unfortuantly ammo is not looking as good of a deal through the distribuitors... I will keep an eye out on ammo through for the best deal... as I am not going to pay $100 a TIN! when it should be 70 or so a tin....

Best deal but still 100 a tin...
    http://shop.militaryshooters.com/catalog/product.asp?ret_id=140211&pid=1032581

Aim surplus is where it's at:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx?groupid=40&name=7.62x54R

Russian and bulgarian in stock. $79.99 per tin of 440 rounds.

Ah. Just clicked on your link. About the same after shipping.

Last edited:

sportsbud

Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I am calling this closed!!! if anyone is still wanting to get in you can still hand-deliver the MO to me or the FFL in NOLA!!! but Monday or Tuesday is when the order will be placed!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom