Take my car but not my guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    After any mass shooting there is a call to restrict gun ownership. Why is there no call for the restriction of vehicle ownership after a drunk driver kills a family? Every year more people die on the roads than die from gunshot wounds yet no one wishes to take motorized vehicles from the general public.

Lets apply some gun control arguments to motorized transportation:

Nobody needs a gun that can fire 30 rounds without reloading - Nobody needs a vehicle that can exceed 25 MPH

Nobody needs a gun that is considered "military hardware" - Nobody needs a vehicle that can venture off pavement

Nobody but the government should posses guns because the government will ensure our protection - Nobody but the government should operate motor vehicles because the government will provide us adequate transportation

When I ask those who support greater gun control about restricting use of motor vehicles the response I often get is "nobody gets in a car planning to drive down the wrong side of the interstate and wipe out an entire family while this crazy shooter had every intention of going to the theater and shooting lots of people". Since when has negligence every been an acceptable excuse?

Some Americans feel that firearms are not essential but very few if any Americans feel that way about motorized transportation. Next time some closed-minded drone speaks to you about gun control, apply these arguments to what they most certainly consider a god-given right. Then remind them that the Constitution does not protect their right to own a vehicle BUT it does protect their right to own a firearm.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    yep.

spock-300x263.jpg

Top Bottom