Take off your hat in Regions Bank.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Inept? Really?

Well, I couldnt use ignorant - ie, simply doesn't know common courtesy and respect, because he does.

So after the careful deliberation of which precise weapon of mass vocabulary to deploy, I selected "Inept."

Inept: adj. Displaying a lack of judgment, sense, or reason; foolish

He's a smart guy, just lack of reason.

I don't have to zip my fly. It just makes me inept to do so, and the people that think im disrespectful for doing so are correct- no matter how much I want to pretend like its their problem.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Poor parenting because I wear a hat indoors.... Because I like wearing my hat.

New management here, same shitty members. I'm out.

It's a difference of opinion. I personally don't care if someone wears a hat indoors, but if someone else thinks it's tacky that's their opinion and I don't see how that makes them a shitty member or worth getting upset over?

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    The point is that other people WILL look at you and make presumptions based on your failing to acknowledge this practice of common courtesy.

if it doesn't bother you, sport that hat 24/7.

if however it does (and it appears so), then realize that its your doing- not their lack of understanding.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I read your post and heard "my pants around my knees is just my style. it aint my momma."

adios.

Dishonored is actually one of the politest, well-mannered dudes I've ever met. I had to ask him to please stop calling me sir because it made me feel old. I also know plenty of complete assholes who don't like wearing hats inside. It's hardly a good judge of character.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    It's a difference of opinion. I personally don't care if someone wears a hat indoors, but if someone else thinks it's tacky that's their opinion and I don't see how that makes them a shitty member or worth getting upset over?

I get that man. If people were just saying they disagreed with it that's one thing. The attacks and personal insults are what gets old. The stuff that some members just sit back and wait to prove they are top argumentative member of the day.
    Tacky vs poor parenting are leaps apart.

Also thanks for the kind words below. Ill probably still call you sir out of habit from time to time lol

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I get that man. If people were just saying they disagreed with it that's one thing. The attacks and personal insults are what gets old. The stuff that some members just sit back and wait to prove they are top argumentative member of the day.
    Tacky vs poor parenting are leaps apart.

Also thanks for the kind words below. Ill probably still call you sir out of habit from time to time lol

I'll go back and reread but I didn't see anything personally directed at you. Just that he assumes people that wear a had inside were poorly parented. Which...well...uhh...yeah.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I'm not gonna go back and forth on the board.
    I wear my hat indoors most places I go. His assumption is poor parenting. My assumption for poor parents is verbal disrespect, lack of respect for women, poor grades etc. not wearing a damn hat. I wonder how many of y'all's idols where hats indoors at shot show or banquets. I know I shook Kyle Lamb's hand indoors while we were both wearing a hat. Hmm. Guess he is just inept as the rest of us. Someone should break the daily news to him.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It depends where you are. I would think you wouldn't wear a hat to church, Ruth's Chris, or a bank. Some places are OK. Some are not.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Wow, look at this inept guy wearing his cap inside of a news studio..

kylecap.jpg

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm not gonna go back and forth on the board.
    I wear my hat indoors most places I go. His assumption is poor parenting. My assumption for poor parents is verbal disrespect, lack of respect for women, poor grades etc. not wearing a damn hat. I wonder how many of y'all's idols where hats indoors at shot show or banquets. I know I shook Kyle Lamb's hand indoors while we were both wearing a hat. Hmm. Guess he is just inept as the rest of us. Someone should break the daily news to him.

I don't know him personally and I'm sure he's a great guy- I'm just saying what many people will think when they see ya do it.. for right or wrong. No personal assault intended in my posts.

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    It depends where you are. I would think you wouldn't wear a hat to church, Ruth's Chris, or a bank. Some places are OK. Some are not.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

I wouldn't think people would have a problem with it inside at a range, but maybe they like getting burned.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I wouldn't think people would have a problem with it inside at a range, but maybe they like getting burned.

Its about time and place like pretty much everything else in life. You don't (shouldn't) wear gym style clothes to a fancy restaurant. I think a hat is appropriate in many circumstances, but its not for others. The image of chris kyle is posted above. I bet he didnt wear a hat to church or when he was in his dress uniform. He could if he wanted to, it just wouldn't be appropriate. Hats and sunglasses in a bank are the same thing. Turn the hat around for the 45 seconds. Not a big deal. Wearing sunglasses inside just makes you look like an idiot, no matter where you are.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    Maybe y'all should push to have your manner rules known. I've never been in the military, and never wore a hat until a couple years ago. Never knew some seen it as disrespectful to wear a hat inside. Had I known, I sure wouldn't do it. But I sure see it foolish to judge someone on that. I say yes mam and no sir, hold the door for ANYONE, and help anyone in need...too bad my parents failed me..

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Maybe y'all should push to have your manner rules known. I've never been in the military, and never wore a hat until a couple years ago. Never knew some seen it as disrespectful to wear a hat inside. Had I known, I sure wouldn't do it. But I sure see it foolish to judge someone on that. I say yes mam and no sir, hold the door for ANYONE, and help anyone in need...too bad my parents failed me..

well you learned eventually- im sure they'd be proud.

common courtesy, like sense, truly isn't "common"

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I'm sure some of us feel that wearing a hat indoors is disrespectful, and some of us feel it is not. How many of us gentlemen have worn a plain jane white hanes tshirt or the likes over blue jeans? Just a few years ago, your undershirt (white hanes tshirt) was known as underwear, and was quite disrespectful to wear alone in public. I had been scolded by my old general manager after bartending a few nights and taking my dress shirt off to wear my tshirt underneath as my closing attire and he would quote, "Sir, I do not find it appropriate for you to wear your undergarments while in this building."

He was dead serious. It's not even a lack of common courtesy, it is just a sign of the changing of the times. Not many of us Salute anymore when approaching someone's house or a member of law enforcement to show we are unarmed. How many of you gentlemen wear jeans to Church? Not long ago that was considered ill advised and of poor taste, and of bad manners. Everyone comes from different upbringings and backgrounds.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm sure some of us feel that wearing a hat indoors is disrespectful, and some of us feel it is not. How many of us gentlemen have worn a plain jane white hanes tshirt or the likes over blue jeans? Just a few years ago, your undershirt (white hanes tshirt) was known as underwear, and was quite disrespectful to wear alone in public. I had been scolded by my old general manager after bartending a few nights and taking my dress shirt off to wear my tshirt underneath as my closing attire and he would quote, "Sir, I do not find it appropriate for you to wear your undergarments while in this building."

He was dead serious. It's not even a lack of common courtesy, it is just a sign of the changing of the times. Not many of us Salute anymore when approaching someone's house or a member of law enforcement to show we are unarmed. How many of you gentlemen wear jeans to Church? Not long ago that was considered ill advised and of poor taste, and of bad manners. Everyone comes from different upbringings and backgrounds.

excellent post for a conclusion to the discussion. well stated.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom