Talk about False Advertising...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371422365.902931.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371422386.309810.jpg

Ran into this little gem today. Might forward it on to Austin and see what their concealed handgun unit thinks of it. I bet they would Not be amused.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Hmmm... well first, it's in Seabrook TX so the rules may differ. Second, even here if one were former military or law enforcement it's conceivable to have all of the paperwork done in 1 hour (although NOT for $75).

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I just skimmed through the Texas CHL laws, they actually require longer classes than we do (10 hours).

I'm sure there's *some* situation that would take less than an hour due to exemptions for certain people. I don't think it's false advertising persay, just shady advertising. I would simply call them and ask before getting any authorities involved.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    lol well he has the out.. "I said as little as 1 hour, but this one takes 8 hours. Maybe you'll get the 1 hour next time."

Ya, they're trying to be cute with that 1 hour line. The regs there are 10-15hrs of training (I'm going to apply for a Texas instructor cert so I'm starting to read up on it), military within last 5 years, or apparently a judge. It's a form you fill out and send to the state. If that store charges $75 for ONE form you can download online, I think I'd die laughing on my way out the door.

The reason I call it false advertising is because in My opinion it's intentionally deceitful, making people believe they can do that with no (for qualified persons) or * for certain etc etc.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Ya, they're trying to be cute with that 1 hour line. The regs there are 10-15hrs of training (I'm going to apply for a Texas instructor cert so I'm starting to read up on it), military within last 5 years, or apparently a judge. It's a form you fill out and send to the state. If that store charges $75 for ONE form you can download online, I think I'd die laughing on my way out the door.

The reason I call it false advertising is because in My opinion it's intentionally deceitful, making people believe they can do that with no (for qualified persons) or * for certain etc etc.

They may have an in house notary and/or the ability to take and print passport photos

Top Bottom