Tankless hot water heater

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eagle359

AARP Newbie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Terrytown, LA
    If you have a dishwasher you may need an additional heater inline to get the water super hot for the dishwasher. That was the only issue that my mother in Miss had with hers.

Bob

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    Vernon Parish
    I have the large Bosch and it works fine. It is gas and provides all the hot water you can use. Mostly trouble free, a couple of years ago some problems but the techs at the 1-800 number fixed me up.
    My only advice is if you or yours don't need the hot water i.e. rinsing hands off and unthinking reach out with the left hand and turn on the water, more than likely it is the hot water. If you don;t let it run until the water is hot you have cycled the unit and wasted energy. This is relearning years of of low energy costs and bad habits.
    It was a sore point for a while, now we all do it with out thinking. We like ours.

Bob

bayoupirate

God of Thunder
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Raceland, Louisiana
    I have a Large Paloma brand Gas Tankless.
    it's 199,000 BTU and 7.6 gpm.

LOVE IT.

I've had NO problems.

Heat is INSTANT.

I have the exterior unit.
    NO Vent Ductwork to run.
    Zero Space used inside of house
    Zero chance of Carbon Monoxide being released inside of the house.
    ENDLESS HOT Water.
    Zero energy $$$ used when how water is used.
    If you leave on vacation for two weeks, your tank is constantly reheating that 50 gallons of water to keep it hot. A tankless doesn't come on unless you open a hot water tap.

My wife's jacuzzi tub take about 100 gallons to fill.
    If I had a tank heater, I might make that work, but I'd have to wait for the recovery time to do anything else.
    I can fill the tub, take a shower, wash clothes with hot water, and run the dishwasher all at the same time. With everything open, the pressure drops a little, but the Heat doesn't.

I have one of those electric, single outlet water heaters at my deer camp. It's good for 2.3 gpm. That will only get the temp 45 degrees above what's input. If the water is coming in at 50, add 45 = 95 degrees. Warm but not hot. to get HOT you have to partially close off the supply to limit the flow.

IMO - if you need add on electrical water heaters in your home, you plumbing is screwy.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Anyone have experience with tankless hot water heaters in their home? I'm building and am at a point where soon I will have to make a decision and would appreciate experiences.

Thanks,

Charles

My girlfreinds family just bought a house and they all swear by it. They say everyone can take a shower at the same time and everyone have hot water. Sounds like the way to go to me.

dustyk70

Shamed Liberty
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Leesville, La./ Morocco
    I love mine, had it for about 3 years. Bought it on ebay. Bought a cheap one (So if it broke I wouldn't be out alot of money), But I love it, We had 12 people staying while reroofing my house and we all took showers one after another with no problems. It is a Titan ( heard alot of bad press about them after I got mine), but I haven't had any problems. Plus we made the water heater closet into a Pantry. this thing is about 18" by 24".

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Thats all we had back home in Guatemala eventhough its a more ruff outdated system since it required for you to have a smaller heater unit everywheres that you wanted hot water for example it would attach before the shower head and would connect to 120V, pretty crazy to think about it now that you would have electricity and water mixing so close together but it worked LOL.

Wish I could find a unit like that now to use at the camp, it would be PERFECT without the need of a complicated and expensive unit, and pretty much unlimited hot water as long as you had electricity.
    Pablo,

You can get a "point of use" water heater at Lowe's or Home Depot. They are great. I have one that I use for the jacuzzi tub in the master bath, the regular water heater can not keep up. When I get back from Iraq I will get rid of both water heaters in my house and replace them with "tankless water heater's". My in laws love theirs and it works great. When they first hooked it up they said that their electric bill dropped by 20%.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    Pablo,

You can get a "point of use" water heater at Lowe's or Home Depot. They are great. I have one that I use for the jacuzzi tub in the master bath, the regular water heater can not keep up. When I get back from Iraq I will get rid of both water heaters in my house and replace them with "tankless water heater's". My in laws love theirs and it works great. When they first hooked it up they said that their electric bill dropped by 20%.

takes up less space too!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom