taxidermist report

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rm76

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2007
    Texas
    Hate to have to do this, but I must post a report of a bad experience with regard to a taxidermist. I wish that I had access to other reports from customers on this taxidermist (Hole in the Wall Taxidermy in Eunice) before I left my bobcat there. I had to refuse the completed mount. Not only was the job subpar, but she did not following my instructions, and there was no questions/negotiations regarding deviations or alternatives -- no communications whatsoever. Granted, I realize that cats must be very difficult to mount to look real -- I've seen very few mounted cats that appeared realistic. However, I went to great lengths to furnish pictures and provide details for her to follow -- but it appeared she paid little attention to those. In all fairness, from what I've seen this place does excellent antlered shoulder mounts (and I had a deer mount that I was pleased with) -- but apparently this taxidermist lacks the professionalism for some small game mounts. My advice for anyone looking for a taxidermist is do your homework, provide pictures and exact details for what you want and expect -- and by all means, insist on communication with the taxidermist before any variances or deviations.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I have seen more bobcats than anything that are messed up. Its hard to get the faces right on them. It really sucks that you had a bad experience with this one.

I am looking for one near Slidell who does good work on Foxes. Not to hijack the thread but if anyone around the Slidell area knows of someone who does good work I would be interested in knowing.

rm76

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2007
    Texas
    Yes, me too -- more cats messed up than anything. Not sure why this is. Hurrying, not knowledge about the animal in its natural state, and/or not taking the pains to measure the proportion of each animal and ordering the right size form possibly? Satisfaction surely has to start with communication between the taxidermist and the customer, which didn't happen in my case.

I suspect if a taxidermist is good at life size mounts of one small game he/she would be good at others such as foxes as well. My advice is try to see as much of their work as possible.

Top Bottom