Teen Killed for 2 Rims

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Lucky deputy, here is what I think happened. Report says the thief’s gun misfired several times. The pistol was some model Beretta 92 or a Tarus clone. I think the decocker/safety was on and the kid lacked the presence to switch it off or didn’t know the operation hence he kept pulling the trigger but no bang. I may be wrong but I believe if the decocker is on, the trigger can be pulled and the hammer will cycle but it is blocked from hitting the firing pin. I have never run a 92 so I may be wrong.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I think he just didn't have a shell in the chamber and he tried to rack the slide about the time the 40's started hitting home.
    Lucky deputy, here is what I think happened. Report says the thief’s gun misfired several times. The pistol was some model Beretta 92 or a Tarus clone. I think the decocker/safety was on and the kid lacked the presence to switch it off or didn’t know the operation hence he kept pulling the trigger but no bang. I may be wrong but I believe if the decocker is on, the trigger can be pulled and the hammer will cycle but it is blocked from hitting the firing pin. I have never run a 92 so I may be wrong.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    We've never carried .40. Went from .38 to 9 and have been there ever since.

JR1572

Don't ya'll carry the POS Beretta Px4 Storm Type F Full Size 9 mm Pistol? That look beat to crap in a month.
    I wish they would have gotten You guys some HK's or Glocks instead.

MyBabyDaddy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    We transitioned to 17's with TLR1 lights back in 2015.

JR1572

One of my best friends is a deputy in the 2nd district on the westbank. How are you liking the G17 vs. the PX4? My friend told me ya'll were having reliability problems and parts breakage problems with the PX4's and that was one of the major factors in ditching them.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    One of my best friends is a deputy in the 2nd district on the westbank. How are you liking the G17 vs. the PX4? My friend told me ya'll were having reliability problems and parts breakage problems with the PX4's and that was one of the major factors in ditching them.

We were having some issues with the PX4. The 17 is wonderful.

JR1572

Top Bottom