Tent Camping in Grand Isle State Park

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marcw85

Hotter than a $2 pistol
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Thibodaux, LA
    Anyone with experience? I've camped on beaches before the breeze cools it down enough at night. I see there are unimproved campsites in the state park but I can't figure out where on the map. Is it with the RV's?

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I've camped on the beach in Grand Isle during the summer once. You will require a special love for mosquitoes to enjoy this.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    All of our state parks are going downhill. This past weekend we stayed at the 2 year old Bogue Chitto state park in Washington parish.
    Grass uncut at campsites, new bath houses had sand in floordrains and standing water on the floors, weeds 12" tall at the door, poor employee morale; they all will tell you they haven't had a raise in 5 years, and the maintenance crews are down to 16 hours per week,
    wi fi doesn't work,
    Mississippi doesn't have this problem because they use prison trustees for all of their work..

andimthejr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    westbank
    All of our state parks are going downhill. This past weekend we stayed at the 2 year old Bogue Chitto state park in Washington parish.
    Grass uncut at campsites, new bath houses had sand in floordrains and standing water on the floors, weeds 12" tall at the door, poor employee morale; they all will tell you they haven't had a raise in 5 years, and the maintenance crews are down to 16 hours per week,
    wi fi doesn't work,
    Mississippi doesn't have this problem because they use prison trustees for all of their work..

Louisiana uses people on probation as well as paid employees , at least at bayou segnette they do, the guys dump trash and keep the park clean working along side camp hosts for community service hours i spoke to a few guys mothers day weekend they go every morning sign in and work throughout the day

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Louisiana uses people on probation as well as paid employees , at least at bayou segnette they do, the guys dump trash and keep the park clean working along side camp hosts for community service hours i spoke to a few guys mothers day weekend they go every morning sign in and work throughout the day
    not sure how they do it at tickfaw but it's pretty nicely kept too.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Just give me a place to park, safely, and a trail to find my way back, and I'm happy. I'll find my own water and a place to set up camp. More importantly, don't give me **** for being a 'primitive' camper, and don't try to force me to pitch my tent next to a bunch of loudass RVs with a bunch of hyper kids running around, and drunken idiots karaoke'ing.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Hit the surf fishing in GI on Saturday and I thought the mosquitos were going to carry me away........ And don't even get me started on the horseflys! But hit the island when they have a tourney and the eye candy makes it all worth it! :D

Top Bottom