Terrebone Parish news

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    "I look at him as one of my sons," he said looking out at a sea of blue lights illuminating the neighborhood. "It's a shame. This was a good kid, never caused any trouble."

Until he did. I'm just a few miles away from where this happened right now. Haven't heard anything, but we usually have a lot of general public come in throughout the day. I'll post local feedback as I get it.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Shouldn't be any riots, I think they said the officer was black so we shouldn't get the race baiting pimps out here. And I don't think they could get away with looting businesses in Houma like they did in Ferguson, Houma is one of the only cities with an MLK jr. blvd that isn't in the ghetto and fatally dangerous at 2am.

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    Until he did. I'm just a few miles away from where this happened right now. Haven't heard anything, but we usually have a lot of general public come in throughout the day. I'll post local feedback as I get it.

I was within 1000 yards of the location until approximately 11 last night. Never heard about any of it until I saw it on social media. Around 5 I even drove up to the McDonalds for a quick bite then back to the back again(Industrial side).

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Shouldn't be any riots, I think they said the officer was black so we shouldn't get the race baiting pimps out here. And I don't think they could get away with looting businesses in Houma like they did in Ferguson, Houma is one of the only cities with an MLK jr. blvd that isn't in the ghetto and fatally dangerous at 2am.

Yet. LOL

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I was going to say around 6-7pm. All of the soccer moms running kids around and running errands while talking on the phone and texting at the same time makes it downright suicidal to be on MLK.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Does the black cop know a white guy? The bar is set pretty low on these.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I believe the white cop was with him, so there may be room still to run with the conspiracy. I seen some replies on the internet that the state police planted the gun and they know no 14 year old would do such a thing.:rolleyes:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I believe the white cop was with him, so there may be room still to run with the conspiracy. I seen some replies on the internet that the state police planted the gun and they know no 14 year old would do such a thing.:rolleyes:

You kid, but I saw a video earlier today saying that his aunt said he "wouldn't hold a BB gun, better yet a water gun!"

Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA
    I grew up in that neighborhood, my parents live close by still, and i work near there.

They probably aren't going to riot because everyone knows better.

As in they know whether or not those were "good kids" and that it is a bad idea because people here will be quick to "stop" rioters heading their direction.

We don't have TPSD on guard where i work for nothing. Village East is not a nice place.

http://www.houmatoday.com/article/2...ice-charge-woman-with-gun-near-shooting-scene

Last edited:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Police who remained on the scene to calm the crowd noticed a disturbance on the street when Parker exited her home to confront someone for parking in her yard.

The confrontation escalated and ended with Parker arming herself with a rifle, police said.

That just doesn't jive with me. Ole girl probably did need to be arrested, but that doesn't sound like she was the one inciting a riot.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So I gather this is a retirement community?

Around 10 a.m. on Wednesday deputies of the Terrebonne Parish Sheriff's Office responded to multiple calls of rioting on Kirkglen Loop where Tuesday's night shooting had occurred. Upon arrival police found around 50 people arguing on the scene

10:00 AM Wednesday morning. Hmmmm?!? Let me think?!? Oh! That's right! I was at work!

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    So I gather this is a retirement community?

10:00 AM Wednesday morning. Hmmmm?!? Let me think?!? Oh! That's right! I was at work!

Of course not. They are all doctors who were trying to make their tee time.

Wednesday.....duh.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom