Texas A&M beats Alabama

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Seriously surprised to see none of ya'll have commented on this. Saturday's game was sheer joy. I get tired of hearing Alabama this Alabama that. Saturday proves they have weaknesses. Looking forward to seeing them play Oregon as Oregon probably took some notes as I am sure Texas A&M took notes from our game.

My cousin in Alabama (he's a transplant so don't hold it against him) found it funny as hell how quiet his Facebook page was Sunday. It sounds like they are as shocked as we were in January.

What a year this would be if Arkansas, Auburn and Ole Miss had been fielding ranked teams?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If you have a smartphone and want to hear some quality comedy related to this, go to the Iheart Radio app, and go to WJOX out of Birmingham at 2pm for the Paul Finebaum Show....The post-game meltdown will be EPIC. :rofl::rofl: :rofl:

(I'm sure it's online, as well- and also comes on Sirius-XM's "College Sports Nation" channel....)

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I despise that they lost...at home...to a team LSU already beat in THEIR house...the week after Les Miles handed Bama the game at Tiger Stadium. How the hell does that happen? Oh, wait, Les Miles goes for it on 4th down when he's well within his kicker's range twice, yet tries the FG attempt on 4th down when he's 10 yards out of his kicker's range and it's a much safer 4th down attempt.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    It's bittersweet...loved seeing Bama getting beat at home, but hate the fact that it pretty much ended LSU's chances of getting a BCS bowl game...

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    It's bittersweet...loved seeing Bama getting beat at home, but hate the fact that it pretty much ended LSU's chances of getting a BCS bowl game...

Actually, Bama losing has no effect on LSU's BCS bowl chances. Many are projecting they get to the Fiesta Bowl this year. Bama will go to the Sugar, Georgia will likely end up going to the Capitol One as they will likely lose the SECCG, and Florida is seen as likely losing to FSU to end the season. LSU's BCS prospects look pretty good, actually. The only thing that could really screw it up would be either Florida actually beating FSU OR UGA beating Bama to take the Sugar and Bama gets sent to the Fiesta.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well they might not want to admit it but the LSU Smash-Mouth they played a week before had a lot to do with their loss to A&M.

Plus Saban calling plays like Les Miles didn't help.

1st & Goal @ the 2 and they PASS IT!?
    Yeldon Fumble on crucial Drive.
    They force 3 & out, then JUMP on the Hard Count Punt. Automatic First Down - Game Over.

LSU might have beat State, b/c State Sucks but if we don't figure out how to NOT get demolished between the numbers on these short passes we'll be in trouble when we play OU or Texas in the Cotton.

If Auburn pulls off the unthinkable in the Iron Bowl, then we might go BCS Bowl :eek3:

It's still possible for us to end up #1 or #2 in the SEC by the end of the season.

Florida was a Flub for us and we obviously should have won the Bama game. The Offense is coming around now and the defense gets it done. I'd put LSU up against anyone in the country right now and not be nervous.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Actually, Bama losing has no effect on LSU's BCS bowl chances. Many are projecting they get to the Fiesta Bowl this year.

Several predictions also have A&M playing in the Fiesta Bowl instead of LSU

Chavis exposed alot of Bama's weaknesses the week before. A&M should give him the game ball.

I'd say give to Studrawa for exposing Bama's secondary.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Several predictions also have A&M playing in the Fiesta Bowl instead of LSU

I'd say give to Studrawa for exposing Bama's secondary.

I'm just saying, Bama losing has no effect on LSU's BCS chances. Alabama was pretty much everyone's favorite to win the SEC after LSU started sucking after week 3, so that was one BCS slot. The 2nd is in Florida's hands now, but if they foul up against FSU, LSU will look MIGHTY pretty to those BCS execs, especially considering we were a pre-season favorite to win the NCG. If Florida loses in the last week of the season, I don't see the BCS committees looking to seriously at them, and if UGA loses in the SECCG, they will have 2 losses and also be on the "lost their most recent game" list. Now, should UGA win the SEC, they will obviously get the Sugar, or the BCSNCG if the stars align just right, and that will likely wind up with Bama going BCSing, just because they're Bama, regardless of the fact that they would have lost their most recent game.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I'm just saying, Bama losing has no effect on LSU's BCS chances. Alabama was pretty much everyone's favorite to win the SEC after LSU started sucking after week 3, so that was one BCS slot. The 2nd is in Florida's hands now, but if they foul up against FSU, LSU will look MIGHTY pretty to those BCS execs, especially considering we were a pre-season favorite to win the NCG. If Florida loses in the last week of the season, I don't see the BCS committees looking to seriously at them, and if UGA loses in the SECCG, they will have 2 losses and also be on the "lost their most recent game" list. Now, should UGA win the SEC, they will obviously get the Sugar, or the BCSNCG if the stars align just right, and that will likely wind up with Bama going BCSing, just because they're Bama, regardless of the fact that they would have lost their most recent game.

Bama's Loss does help, b/c it puts them one more loss away from being tied with two other teams in the SEC West. A&M and LSU. Remember we beat the Team that Beat Bama which could possibly come into play during the Tie-Breaker process.

Tie-Breaking Rules here;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEC_Championship_Game

Either way with three weeks left, this whole thing could flip upside down.

What I'm aggravated with is having to deal with the AP Poll Ranking exclusively now once the BCS disappears this year.

The AP Poll is Purely Emotional(HUMAN) and they will vote in who they WANT to see go to the Play-offs. It's a tainted system which is why I liked the Computers Crunching the Numbers and would rather just see the Coaches Poll added in. Instead of Sports Writers voting in the AP??? Uh ok/.
    I wish they’d come up with something besides the AP Poll.

Like this idiot;
    http://espn.go.com/college-football...s-jimbo-fisher-wants-move-back-pre-bcs-system

He's bitching about the BCS Ranking of FSU. The AP Poll has them at the same rank moron. lol

But as alluded to here the BCS Takes into affect Strength of Schedule! Something the AP Poll rarely can evaluate correctly if at all.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Chavis exposed alot of Bama's weaknesses the week before. A&M should give him the game ball.

I hate to even bring this up- but I'm worried about the current situation at Tennessee. Dooley is going to be run out of Knoxville with pickforks & torches.

I sure hope Chief stays with us. We are very lucky to have him.....

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I hate to even bring this up- but I'm worried about the current situation at Tennessee. Dooley is going to be run out of Knoxville with pickforks & torches.

I sure hope Chief stays with us. We are very lucky to have him.....

Chavis has expressed in the past his extreme disdain for becoming a Head Coach anywhere.

NFL Defensive Coordinator? Maybe …

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I'm just waiting to see the Draftees for this year. The rumors are swirling that Mingo, Sam M. and a few others might not be so sure about leaving as was thought at the beginning of the year.

With Zach M. obviously getting more and more consistent, next year could be another Top 5 LSU Team with very experienced Running Backs a Solid QB and a Sr. D-Line to boot.

....and yes...maybe even the Honey Badger...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Chavis has expressed in the past his extreme disdain for becoming a Head Coach anywhere.

NFL Defensive Coordinator? Maybe …

I'm just waiting to see the Draftees for this year. The rumors are swirling that Mingo, Sam M. and a few others might not be so sure about leaving as was thought at the beginning of the year.

Man- that would be GREAT for LSU if they stick around....I really believe what we've seen the last two weeks from the offense is no fluke. That team is already going to be stacked next season as it is- but if we end up keeping most of our juniors....LOOK OUT. ;)

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge

With Zach M. obviously getting more and more consistent, next year could be another Top 5 LSU Team with very experienced Running Backs a Solid QB and a Sr. D-Line to boot.

I've given up on Mathieu.

However, it seems like Mett is starting to warm up to the potential that he was touted to have at the beginning of the season. If he continues to improve and we keep experience on the team, next year we'll be dominant.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

However, it seems like Mett is starting to warm up to the potential that he was touted to have at the beginning of the season. If he continues to improve and we keep experience on the team, next year we'll be dominant.

Well the touting is always overrated. The Boy had never played in the SEC. It takes a game or 4 to understand and adjust to the magnitude of it all. I think he's done just that.

We need him to make at least 12 completions a game consistently and to expect him to START off doing that was in error on our part.

Regardless he obviously has his feet underneath him and every game shows more and more consistency not to mention leadership and confidence. This is most important. His Team has bailed him out and he has bailed out his team. They are now 'Gelling' as they say. lol It should only get more and more consistent from here and into next year for the offense. Also it should be noted that it didn't take him a SEASON to get on board. MANY other Schools deal with QB's who take that long to 'Come out' or more.

The Defense, we'll like I said, we'll have to just wait and see. Loston and Simon might stay, Ried? Mingo? Sam? the list goes on.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Yes indeed- and the future is looking good. This year's recruiting class is currently listed as the #2 overall by Rivals (which is considered by many to be a pro-Bama recruiting site)....It certainly appears that the LSU D-Linemen Factory will continue for some time....

QB commit Hayden Rettig is listed by them as the #5 pro-style QB in the nation....Hard to believe LSU steered him away from the CA schools....Anyway, if they pan out like they should, we should be happy with what we see from Miles' bunch for the foreseeable future....:bigok:

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA

After Mathieu 's recent arrest I don't see it happening

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    After Mathieu 's recent arrest I don't see it happening

No conviction of anything so he's in Florida now living with Patrick Peteron's Family and Training. He's trying to determine whether or not to declare for the NFL Draft by throwing out a bone to see who bites.

If not he might attempt to come back to Baton Rouge next year.

Guess we'll see.

Top Bottom