Texas Church Shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LA Trapper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Natchitoches
    *He that suffers his life to be taken from him by one who has no authority for that purpose, when he might preserve it by defense, incurs the Guilt of self murder since God has enjoined him to seek the continuance of his life, and Nature itself teaches every creature to defend itself.*

Presbyterian Rev. Gilbert Tennant:

Isn't that what Givens said. His former students are 63/0/3 in gunfights. 63 wins no ties and 3 forfeits. Three of his former students did not have their gun when they neede it and were executed for the contents of their pockets.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Saw a interview with the guy that shot him He said he grabbed a hand full of ammunition and loading his magazine. Who doesn't have a loaded magazines?

I saw a piece in the L.A. Times trying to argue that this shooting did not prove the "good guy with a gun" theory of stopping this kind of thing. The gist of the article was, "Yes he was brave, yes he was a good shot. But he took too long to get there."

Nowhere in the article do they note that the reason it took him so long to get there was that he had to retrieve his unloaded, and perhaps partially disassembled weapon from a locked safe - just the way that all of the gun-control folks want weapons stored. And then he had to put it all together while he listened to his friends dying.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I saw a piece in the L.A. Times trying to argue that this shooting did not prove the "good guy with a gun" theory of stopping this kind of thing. The gist of the article was, "Yes he was brave, yes he was a good shot. But he took too long to get there."

Nowhere in the article do they note that the reason it took him so long to get there was that he had to retrieve his unloaded, and perhaps partially disassembled weapon from a locked safe - just the way that all of the gun-control folks want weapons stored. And then he had to put it all together while he listened to his friends dying.

I guess they just make the assumption he wasn’t going to kill anyone else afterwards?

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    I saw a piece in the L.A. Times trying to argue that this shooting did not prove the "good guy with a gun" theory of stopping this kind of thing. The gist of the article was, "Yes he was brave, yes he was a good shot. But he took too long to get there."...

He may have been slow, but he beat the cops! Reminds me of the old bumper sticker on a geezer car "I may be slow but I'm ahead of you!"

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

The Texas church shooting is getting a lot less press now because of this, and also because the shooter passed a background check. If our government had even the slightest bit of fortitude, it would call out (with criminal charges) the idiots that didn't put this guy's information into NICS. But like every big bureaucracy, the government protects its own and my guess is that the news about this incident will fade off quickly, since it doesn't play into the Bloomberg/Feinstein/Schumer gun grabbing agenda.

Remember: according to these treasonous politicians, simply owning a gun automatically makes you a bad guy, and it's highly anomalous if you actually do something good with it. The government should have the monopoly on the use of force, and the rest of us should be mere subjects under their authority.

Mike

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    It doesn't matter why he did it.
    It doesn't matter when he did it.
    It doesn't matter how he did it.

What matters is that it did happen, and there are still people out there who choose to believe that it CAN'T happen to them.

No one should be talking about the shooting. They should be talking about what they will do if it happens to them. There are so many people out there that own a gun and don't carry it. Get some training and carry your damn gun.

Here's a better question... How many people in that church had a med kit? Probably none. It may have saved some lives.

You have a med kit with you everywhere you go? Just curious not judging. Many people own guns for collecting, range time or sport. Not everyone wants to conceal carry. I find it a complete pain in the ass to CC. If you chose to do that is great but don't expect everyone to conform to your opinions.

In my renewal class there were people that were taking the class to get their CCW permit for the first time. Three ladies specifically were terrified of the actual shooting part of the class. My wife and I helped two of them load their magazines and talked to them. We told them that they would do fine just follow the instructor's commands, etc... As far as I know they did good. I cannot imagine them having the situational awareness, response time and the mindset to pull a gun on someone and shoot to stop the threat.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    You have a med kit with you everywhere you go? Just curious not judging. Many people own guns for collecting, range time or sport. Not everyone wants to conceal carry. I find it a complete pain in the ass to CC. If you chose to do that is great but don't expect everyone to conform to your opinions.

In my renewal class there were people that were taking the class to get their CCW permit for the first time. Three ladies specifically were terrified of the actual shooting part of the class. My wife and I helped two of them load their magazines and talked to them. We told them that they would do fine just follow the instructor's commands, etc... As far as I know they did good. I cannot imagine them having the situational awareness, response time and the mindset to pull a gun on someone and shoot to stop the threat.

I always carry a tourniquet and either have a med kit on me or very near.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany

I have a medical kit within reach everywhere I go. If you carry a gun, why wouldn't you carry a medical kit? Hell, what happens when you're dragging your deer stand out into the middle of nowhere and you trip and cut your arm. What do you use to stop the bleeding? Magic?

They don't have to conform to my opinions, but it wouldn't hurt if they did. The only people that need to be carrying a gun are responsible persons. If people are taking a CHP class and don't know how to load a gun, they don't need to be carrying a gun. There are classes they can take to learn how to handle a firearm BEFORE getting their CHP.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I have a medical kit within reach everywhere I go. If you carry a gun, why wouldn't you carry a medical kit? Hell, what happens when you're dragging your deer stand out into the middle of nowhere and you trip and cut your arm. What do you use to stop the bleeding? Magic?

They don't have to conform to my opinions, but it wouldn't hurt if they did. The only people that need to be carrying a gun are responsible persons. If people are taking a CHP class and don't know how to load a gun, they don't need to be carrying a gun. There are classes they can take to learn how to handle a firearm BEFORE getting their CHP.

Roger that

Top Bottom