Texas Prison Riot: Thousands of Inmates Seize Control Correctional Facility

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    That is f'in nuts. It is a wonder why the media is not covering this. I wouldn't be upset if they started putting down the rioters with lethal force, especially if prison employees have been killed.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Are they being held because they are here illegally? Is it because they have been deemed undesirable in the land for which they seek to live illegally?

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Mainstream media is covering this, I saw it on the prime time news last night. I'm surprised it took this long. If this is the same prison I think it is, it is a privately owned facility by a company called Wackenhut. I visited a friend there years ago. Like some other things put in private ownership, they are now operating to the lowest cost margin and care and guard to prisoner ratio is what suffers. This is the result when the balance tips too far.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Ed Ross, a spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of Prisons, said the inmates who had taken control are *now compliant* but that negotiations were ongoing Saturday in an effort for staff to *regain complete control* of Willacy County Correctional Center.

Authorities say about 800 to 900 other inmates are not participating in the disturbance. The inmates being held at the facility, which is in far South Texas more than 200 miles south of San Antonio, are described as *low-level* offenders who are primarily immigrants in the U.S. illegally.

Management & Training Corp., the private contractor that operates the Willacy County Correctional Center in south Texas for the U.S. Bureau of Prisons, said inmates became disruptive early Friday.

Quotes from: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...arily-holds-immigrants-with-criminal-records/

Just more model illegals just here to work and better themselves. I wonder how this jail compares to the average jail in Mexico?

Top Bottom