Texas

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I will most likely moving to Texas this year but Louisiana has better gun laws. The Texas Motorist .... Act was the best thing that has happened to the gun owners of Texas who chose not to be on any permit rolls. It allows you to conceal "on or about your person" while in the vehicle or going between your home or business and your vehicle.

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    Be easy on me, but I just don't see the attraction to open carry. IMHO, I like to carry concealed and when/if something goes down would like to have a little surprise on my side.

If I open carried, everyone would know (duh) that can see and to me it puts a target on me from the start.

An example, if guy "A" was in a bank waiting on a teller open carrying and "bad guy" walked in....the "bad guy" can change plans and leave or just shoot guy "A" as he is the obvious threat.

But if guy "A" was carrying concealed, "bad guy" would not know of guy "A" until he decided to take action.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Be easy on me, but I just don't see the attraction to open carry. IMHO, I like to carry concealed and when/if something goes down would like to have a little surprise on my side.

If I open carried, everyone would know (duh) that can see and to me it puts a target on me from the start.

An example, if guy "A" was in a bank waiting on a teller open carrying and "bad guy" walked in....the "bad guy" can change plans and leave or just shoot guy "A" as he is the obvious threat.

But if guy "A" was carrying concealed, "bad guy" would not know of guy "A" until he decided to take action.

TRUE!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

There are certain members of BayouShooter who think it's better to OC.
    Then there are the rest of us who are smart and CC.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

True but if we lived in a country full of men, guys A,B,F,D,E,F,G would all have their gun on their hip, so when "bad guy" walked into a bank and saw A-G standing patiently in line "bad guy" would probably turn and walk away. Criminals typically dont want to chance armed resistance of any kind even one good guy with his gun hanging off his hip may change the mind of a would be robber.

All that said we live among a bunch of sheeple who have been raised to expect someone to take care of them and there is no guarantee my gun wont make me a target, so I too want to have the advantage of suprise.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    I have always carried concealed. In Louisiana when I was a reserve officer in NOLA then later with Sorrento then moved to Alabama got my CCW there $25 with a back ground check. Now back in LA and you need more documents then you can carry in a pickup.

But still don’t want to carry open as it freaks out old lady’s (both male and female)

Wingate

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    Thanks for being kind... :)

For Whitebread, in a country full of men, probably one of A,B,C,D,E,F,G would be a bad guy :( I don't want to have to watch 7 other guys with guns and a infinite number w/o guns showing and try to figure out who the threat is.....I would rather be seen as a sheeple but be a wolf on the inside....lol. As a retired cop, I would just rather be able to initiate action rather then have to be spinning like a top watching out... knowing I was a target because of the iron showing. But like ice cream, life comes in a variety of flavors! Just remember the old saying....be nice to every person you meet and at the same time figure out a way to kill them if you have to (said with a little humor not available on the keyboard).

Bottom line is I carry, keep a spare in my vehicle and have a rifle there as well. I don't look for trouble, but if it came my way I won't fail because I didn't have enough firepower!!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Thanks for being kind... :)

For Whitebread, in a country full of men, probably one of A,B,C,D,E,F,G would be a bad guy :( I don't want to have to watch 7 other guys with guns and a infinite number w/o guns showing and try to figure out who the threat is.....I would rather be seen as a sheeple but be a wolf on the inside....lol. As a retired cop, I would just rather be able to initiate action rather then have to be spinning like a top watching out... knowing I was a target because of the iron showing. But like ice cream, life comes in a variety of flavors! Just remember the old saying....be nice to every person you meet and at the same time figure out a way to kill them if you have to (said with a little humor not available on the keyboard).

Bottom line is I carry, keep a spare in my vehicle and have a rifle there as well. I don't look for trouble, but if it came my way I won't fail because I didn't have enough firepower!!

If any of A-G was a bad guy I wouldn't call him a man. A man works for what he has and protect those who can't protect himself. He fights for whats right. Not all adult aged males fit that bill. There was a time where this country was full of men, these days most adult aged males cant do anything for themselves and half can't make a fist. I'm still a pretty young man so the so called men of my generation disgust me.

I'm no sheep and I'm no wolf in sheep's clothing. I will use the old cheesy line "I'm a sheepdog."

This made me smile "Just remember the old saying....be nice to every person you meet and at the same time figure out a way to kill them if you have to (said with a little humor not available on the keyboard)."

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    No advantages whatsoever in OC other than convenience or just letting everyone know that you think you're a badass mother#!?#@$!!
    I'd rather be incognito and CC and go about my business hassle free.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    A word of advice for the few that OC. You may want to listen to some of the older men with real life experiences such as Sig 220 rather than be "Macho" and a target for the Bad Guy.

Top Bottom