The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    A couple questions:

I submitted online application with all documentation (DD 214, LA DL, Certificate, Judgment of Divorce - digitally) and got an email back with "finger print submission required within 15 days".
    No mention of passport photo(s), payment or anything else.
    When do I submit passport photos?
    Payment?

Here is the cut and paste of email received:

Application for Concealed Handgun Permit SUBMITTED on 12/17/2015
    Please submit the required two Fingerprint Cards within 15 days to address shown below.

Please Note: If you opted to mail-in the supporting documents, please note that your application will be purged from the system if these supporitng documents are not received by the Concealed Handgun Unit within sixty (60) days.

Autogenerated by LDPS CHP Server.
    P.O. Box 66375, Baton Rouge, LA 70896-6375 Customer Service: (225) 925-4867 / Fax: (225) 922-0225

Surfmonkey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Covington, LA
    Getting ready to start process for getting the concealed carry permit. One quick question...I was honorably discharged from US Army in 1976. I have a DD 214. Does this provide any benefit for me as far as what I must do to get the permit?

Daisy2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    For anyone applying or getting ready to apply for CHP, they are swamped right now. I submitted my online app., which was accepted quickly, and on approximately 12/7, mailed in my fingerprint cards per their email. Crickets. So, I called last week to ask if I should just drive over to reprint there as I was concerned my cards were lost in the mail, as I am on vacation this week. The nice lady who answered the phone checked their piles of cards and said they had mine, but are inundated. Not really in a rush, but hoping to be completed by end of January. So, if anyone is applying, it looks like it is at least a month from app to fingerprints making it into the system.

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    If you're in the BR area and can go by the LSP HQ to do the AFIS fingerprinting, your CHP will get processed quicker.

Most liberals seem to suffer from the same mental condition....it's called stupidity!

Daisy2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Yeah, we were told about 3 weeks to get it all done, but the lady on the phone said they were a week behind with the prints and that was about 2 weeks ago. I live in the NOLA area which is why I asked them if I should just drive over. She said they had a high volume of apps right now.

greenswoave

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2014
    NOLA
    Submitted online application on December 30th. Prints taken at LSP HQ on December 31st. Fee paid January 8th. Approved January 13th. License received January 20th. 22 days from application to receipt.

Last edited:

marshrunner757

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Sulphur, LA
    Completed online app 12/15. Mailed prints 12/16. Just got off the phone with them this morning. Said I should expect an email week of 25th for payment. Should have made the drive over I guess.

Daisy2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Good on y'all. Still waiting. I don't want to call again and make a pest of myself. If I don't receive the pay link by MLK Day, if they are open, I will drive over to BR as I will be off of work. If they are closed, will go day after Mardi Gras.

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    Completed online app 12/17. Mailed prints 12/22. (Verified receipt via USPS tracking on 12/26). Waiting for "confirmation/payment email" wherein payment is made. (Like Marshrunner757 above). Will follow-up Monday on it -- as the "30 day window" where if payment not received we "flush the online application" is coming up fast. Yeah, maybe I should have made the trip too .. :(

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    My daughter, 34 yr old, single, professionally employed, home owner, never any legal issues mailed her total packet off on December 11, 2014. Included all the needed items along with a cashiers check.

As of last week, she was still not in the system. The lady at CW section said they were now taking over two weeks just to get into the initial stage of processing.

Daisy2015

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Do they run the background check after uploading the prints and before sending the pay link? That, I could understand, especially since I was divorced years ago and had to upload the divorce paper. If not, I do not understand why it has taken more than a month to load prints, especially after the lady said mine were on the desk in a pile the week before Christmas. She did say they were overloaded, so I am being patient. Good luck to y'all for quicker processing than my application.

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    "How To Apply for a Concealed Handgun Permit

Due to the large volume of applications that the section has received this year, processing time has been increased to 120 business days for original first-time applications and 90 days for renewal applications."

http://www.lsp.org/handguns.html

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    It seems that the Concealed weapons section of LSP is taking in over 3 Million dollars annually and they could hire more workers to process more quickly.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    "How To Apply for a Concealed Handgun Permit

Due to the large volume of applications that the section has received this year, processing time has been increased to 120 business days for original first-time applications and 90 days for renewal applications."

http://www.lsp.org/handguns.html

120 business days if you have hiccups, I'd assume. I have friends that are getting their permits around the 40 day mark.

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    FYI: Just received this email when asking about the "30 day deadline"; where, after such time - the online application is deleted and you have to reapply:

<message>

From: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx On Behalf Of concealed.handguns@dps.la.gov
    Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2016 10:54 AM
    To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: Re: Online Application Status .. (No Confirmation / Online Payment Email Received)

You should be fine; we are a few weeks behind in processing and will sent it to you as soon as we can get them processed.

<end of message>

Top Bottom