The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Mine took 5 weeks to be returned on the count of my affidavit being beyond 60 days by the time it was processed. Which was mostly my fault, should have gone down there and dropped it of in person immediately.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Mine took 5 weeks to be returned on the count of my affidavit being beyond 60 days by the time it was processed. Which was mostly my fault, should have gone down there and dropped it of in person immediately.

Everything of mine is recent so we will see. The counting starts today.

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Mine
    Application: 10/29/2012
    Issued: 1/22/2013
    Mailed: 1/28/2013
    Received: 1/29/2013

My husband's
    Application: 1/8/2013
    Issued: 1/22/2013

hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    I sent mine the day everything was notarized. Since I've been waiting over 60 days (a day shy of 70), you mean to tell me this is a reason they would send it back? Any way to tell how far along the process my app is currently, or if it's just sitting in a pile and hasn't been started?

hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    I called the licensing office this afternoon and spoke to Mary. She informed me that my permit was mailed yesterday! That's 76 days after their receipt of the application, but includes the Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and MLK Day holidays and the fact the paperwork had to be sent to Texas where I resided for over a decade and a half. Now, the hard part... the few day wait until it arrives in my mailbox.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    I see all these listings for people who dropped off their application. Any experience or consensus on how long it's been taking when you mail it in versus dropping it off? And I know there will be one-off's that are short and long. Just wondering what the average time is.

hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    I see all these listings for people who dropped off their application. Any experience or consensus on how long it's been taking when you mail it in versus dropping it off? And I know there will be one-off's that are short and long. Just wondering what the average time is.
    Mine was overnight mailed, but probably had additional processing time due to living out of state.

Last edited:

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville

Dropped mine off on 01/29/13 it just went processing and should be to me within 30 days.

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette

Can't answer you're question, but I can give you another incentive to have to done a headquarters. I've been told by more than a few instructors that the #1 reason for delays or non -approvals is poorly made fingerprints. If you're printed the old way, ink and rolled, your odds for problems increase.
    LSP's are digital, and are instantly for sure good to go.
    Another reason why I went over there.

Top Bottom