The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gerberman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    UPDATE: DROPPED OFF RENEWAL FORM 8/30/13 AT NOON AND IT WAS ISSUED 9/24 AND CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!! WOOOHOOO

i Don't know for sure, but highly recommend using typewriter or Adobe to fill out the form.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Mailed mine off on 8-8 and received it today. Says issued 9-24. Not too bad of a wait. Got in before my old permit expires in November.

Bronson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    They must be on a roll. Dropped mine off on at LSP 8/19 and received it last Friday. Renewal. hand written.

Davidg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2013
    Bentley, La
    I just dropped mine off this past Monday, 9/30. I hope it doesn't take six months like others have experienced. I sent mine by registered mail.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Seems like they are catching up or have worked through the backlog to a degree. I'm anticipating mine to show up in the coming weeks hopefully:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TROUT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Lake Charles
    My renewal only took about 180 days, mailed in March and rec'd in middle of September. I was never so happy to see that little brown envelope!

bubba

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I dropped my application off at the State Police on August 7th and my permit was issued on September 18th. That is a little over 5 weeks which I think was pretty fast compared to some of the posting here.

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    Mine was sent in, not dropped off June 1st, still not in system.....125+ days.

Whats funny is I used USPS money order and they surely cashed it though, because you can track those on the USPS website.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Jealous y'all.

When I venture outside of my parish I am permitless... can we start relying on that constitutional amendment now or what?? ;)

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    dropped mine off the first week of September and it showed up in the mail on Saturday. I was shocked to see it so early.

I was entered into the computer system they said about 3 weeks ago and that I should receive mine mid-November but hopefully it will come a little earlier. It has been a LOOOOONNNNGGG wait since March, LMAO

brooksmd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2013
    Bush, LA
    I just dropped mine off this past Monday, 9/30. I hope it doesn't take six months like others have experienced. I sent mine by registered mail.

So you didn't drop it off you mailed it. Actually hand carrying it to HQ is worth taking a vacation day when you consider the processing time you save. I hand carried mine in June, took about 45 minutes for processing, and received it in less than 2 months.

JetMech

Displaced Yankee
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Shreveport
    Once they actually started to process my application it did not take long. Maybe a fee weeks. I was "no" on all the major questions. No military, no arrest, no divorce and so on.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Once they actually started to process my application it did not take long. Maybe a fee weeks. I was "no" on all the major questions. No military, no arrest, no divorce and so on.

That's good to know, hoping maybe by end of month if I'm lucky but hell I've waited so long already kinda used to it, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Top Bottom