The Gun Box

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbonnette

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Denham Springs
    No I meant if the case were mounted upside down if you were supposed to secure the pistol or holster to the door (the moving part, the lid).

I don't think that you have to secure the pistol because you can limit the amount the lid opens. So when you mount it upside side, the lid wouldn't open enough for it to fall out. In any case as previously mentioned, you can actually mount a holster within it. I'd probably end up mounting a holster in it if I were going to mount it upside down.

Hornady certainly isn't making their box inconspicuous. I love the line at the end of the page "*IMPORTANT: Do not store loaded firearms in any safe." This kind of makes the box pointless.

http://www.hornady.com/store/RAPiD-Safe

Nice! Glad to see similar things being developed. It looks like that one won't be released until sometime in 2014 though.

The gun box campaign ended up raising $139,000, far more than their initial goal of $100,000.... selling roughly 450 gun boxes. Not too shabby. I'll post some pics when I get it in December.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    For quick easy access have it on you. Holstered and ready. I suppose for times when you are in the shower or sleeping locked near by is a good thing, but any other time, if you have posession of it the kids should not be able to get to it.

Top Bottom