The Press Check

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Other than low/no light situations, why must you feel brass as opposed to seeing it? I guess it just simplifies and standardizes the process?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Pretty sure the goal is consistency across platforms and not relying on a part that can potentially (albeit it rare) malfunction.

THIS, anything mechanical can and will fail, they are machines first and tools second.

I was NEVER a fan of an LCI to begin with and Mr Gomez makes some awesome points like always, eventhough this topic is one that seems to get TRASHED by everybody who believes that getting a firearm out of battery is a BAD IDEA that is punished by going straight to hell.

I know a few "known" guys in the industry who simply will stone you for asking their take on it much less asking their prefered method ............

I look forward to Gomez medical videos though!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Born4spd,

I'm not a fan of Loaded Chamber Indicators because they tend to be small and relatively hard to locate. I'd much rather feel brass and, as SpeedRacer noted, it works for all gun designs.

JBonnette,

Umm, put it in the left hand and do the same thing. :eek5:

TheLawson,

If you do it correctly, the slide is never moving under it's own power. If you do let it go with your finger in the chamber, it still hasn't snapped closed like most people envision.

BBQLS1,

If a technique relies on vision, it only works when you have the light to see. Making it a visual & tactile check means it works in all environments.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom