The worst enemy of the gun community is

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    OURSELVES.

In light of several threads here that pounce on another member of the community for speaking their minds publicily I have come to this conclusion. I have often said that with several groups that their worst enemy is their neighbor, and this seems much the same. I have seen a few people on this board come out and say that they agree with Yeager, but an amazing amount of people that say speaking his mind in a moment of anger publicly gets rid of his God given rights. Did the man go about the correct way probably not, does the fact that he spoke what most of us think and talk about behind closed doors in whispers mean that he was wrong, Hell no. There are always many parts of a society, but the only way for that society to thrive is for the entire unit to at least agree to the same principles. I now see why this community is the way it is. We have a lot of name calling, name blaming, no I'm not the probleming, instead of saying they did what was legal and I stand beside them in the common fight. If people cannot see these basic truths then this fight is lost, plain and simple. It might eventually come to the point of raising arms, but I pray it does not due to the fact that I'd love to see my little boy grow up, but if it comes to that point I will gladly do what must be done to ensure he can grow up free even if I am no longer around.

Please excuse the grammar but I'm in a dang hurry and dont have time to spell check. Sorry just wanted to get that off my chest. Let the flaming begin.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    OURSELVES.

In light of several threads here that pounce on another member of the community for speaking their minds publicily I have come to this conclusion. I have often said that with several groups that their worst enemy is their neighbor, and this seems much the same. I have seen a few people on this board come out and say that they agree with Yeager, but an amazing amount of people that say speaking his mind in a moment of anger publicly gets rid of his God given rights. Did the man go about the correct way probably not, does the fact that he spoke what most of us think and talk about behind closed doors in whispers mean that he was wrong, Hell no. There are always many parts of a society, but the only way for that society to thrive is for the entire unit to at least agree to the same principles. I now see why this community is the way it is. We have a lot of name calling, name blaming, no I'm not the probleming, instead of saying they did what was legal and I stand beside them in the common fight. If people cannot see these basic truths then this fight is lost, plain and simple. It might eventually come to the point of raising arms, but I pray it does not due to the fact that I'd love to see my little boy grow up, but if it comes to that point I will gladly do what must be done to ensure he can grow up free even if I am no longer around.

Please excuse the grammar but I'm in a dang hurry and dont have time to spell check. Sorry just wanted to get that off my chest. Let the flaming begin.

One of my favorite presidents once said; "Speak softly, and carry a big stick".

Just because a dog doesn't bark its head off does not mean it won't defend its family, so to speak. Nor does a lot of racket mean it will do more than nip an ankle.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Gun ownership does not a personality make. I think it's unreasonable to expect everyone that owns a gun to think the same or agree on everything.

Guys like Yeager and Nugent are not who I prefer to represent my interests in gun ownership. That doesn't mean I'm less of an American or less of a gun owner. It just means we have a difference in opinion that will not change just because we both have one thing in common.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    OURSELVES.

I agree with you for the most part, but there are also dangerous gun owners who believe in the control efforts being put forward by Obama. They think that they get to speak for gun owners because they own a gun.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    To anyone who thinks this is just about the Yeager incident, you are the narrow minded problem we face as a community. He was just an example and I'm sure there are more than I have time to count on this forum just going by people fussing about other forum members doing something that is completely legal but but not what you agree with. And to the people saying something about being a representative I ask you what you have done publicly for anything at all? I haven't on this matter because I don't have the correct set of skills for it and I recognize that fact. I have been active in my community in a manner that I have been able to and managed to help start a movement a few years ago against housing developments in denham and feel very proud of the fact. What have you done other than fuss about stuff and sit behind a keyboard for anybody else or your community?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Haven't seen or heard of any other blacks for or against The Good Rev. Jesse or Sharpton speak out against them representing the black community as a whole though, have ya ???
    Who picked Yeager or Nugent to be the representatives? It's like saying Jessie Jackson speaks for all black people.

Scott.Thornton

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Denham Area
    Haven't seen or heard of any other blacks for or against The Good Rev. Jesse or Sharpton speak out against them representing the black community as a whole though, have ya ???

That would be correct for the most part. I cannot recall if anyone has ever said anything about either one that is black. If they did I guarantee there wasn't a news report on it, with newspapers plastering it all over the place.

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    This just blows my mind. Did y'all know that the Senator from California has NOT introduced a single bill yet this congress? In fact the only bill that I was able to find dealing with guns in the 113th Congress is in the House H.R. 35, http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:H.R.35 , and that bill will undo the safe school zone law.

So we have a gun, ammo, and magazine buying fling that sends the prices and avalblity go those items out of control, and honestly out of the reach ( crazy prices ) of most people. A defacto gun ban, if you will. What message is beng sent to those that don't share our passion in shooting, those undecided on wether we need a ban? How do they view the buying spree? Saying that those that are undecided dont matter is a Bull S$/t answer.

So no AWB type bill has yet been introduced, yet we have members of the pro 2A community going on national programs and youtub honestly makeing the gun community look like a bunch of douchebags. In some cases these morons are threatening violence as retalation against a bill that has not even been introduced. With the ecxeption of threating violence i absolutly agree they have a 1st Amendment right to run their mouths on issues they are passionate about. I also know that the moderate people of the country (those that do not have a strong feeling either way on the 2A) look at those guys and say if that is the person that buys and shoots guns then I'm all for some kind of ban and they either don't get involved or throw their support behind an AWB. Either way its not good for the pro 2A side. One of the things that the NRA has pushed is mentally unstable people should not have guns. I'm not a shrink but watching Alex Jones and that James Yeager goofball they seem to fit that unstable mold. One more things and then I'm off my soapbox. I have read in a few difrent BS threads that Yeager lost his 2A rights for exercising his 1A rights. I have not seen one article that says his weapons were confiscated. All I have found is that his CCW permit was revoked and while that sux for him I don't think it meets the threshold of loosing his 2A rights.

in625shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    This just blows my mind. Did y'all know that the Senator from California has NOT introduced a single bill yet this congress? In fact the only bill that I was able to find dealing with guns in the 113th Congress is in the House H.R. 35, http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:H.R.35 , and that bill will undo the safe school zone law.

So we have a gun, ammo, and magazine buying fling that sends the prices and avalblity go those items out of control, and honestly out of the reach ( crazy prices ) of most people. A defacto gun ban, if you will. What message is beng sent to those that don't share our passion in shooting, those undecided on wether we need a ban? How do they view the buying spree? Saying that those that are undecided dont matter is a Bull S$/t answer.

So no AWB type bill has yet been introduced, yet we have members of the pro 2A community going on national programs and youtub honestly makeing the gun community look like a bunch of douchebags. In some cases these morons are threatening violence as retalation against a bill that has not even been introduced. With the ecxeption of threating violence i absolutly agree they have a 1st Amendment right to run their mouths on issues they are passionate about. I also know that the moderate people of the country (those that do not have a strong feeling either way on the 2A) look at those guys and say if that is the person that buys and shoots guns then I'm all for some kind of ban and they either don't get involved or throw their support behind an AWB. Either way its not good for the pro 2A side. One of the things that the NRA has pushed is mentally unstable people should not have guns. I'm not a shrink but watching Alex Jones and that James Yeager goofball they seem to fit that unstable mold. One more things and then I'm off my soapbox. I have read in a few difrent BS threads that Yeager lost his 2A rights for exercising his 1A rights. I have not seen one article that says his weapons were confiscated. All I have found is that his CCW permit was revoked and while that sux for him I don't think it meets the threshold of loosing his 2A rights.

Very well put J-Dog. Thats one of many problems average gun owners face. Most of us own and shoot a variety of firearms including AR 15's from looking at the sales (before the December madness) However some of the loudmouths do us more of a disservice because most of them don't talk they spout and are confrontational right off the bat. Media folks like Pierce Morgan love that and they are plying into that types hand when they do that not to mention the uneducated at home sees that and thinks "well bloomberg and others have a point".

We as a shooting community really need some new faces to speak out on our behalf. Yes the NRA does not get the respect they should for the shooting education programs they promote an I feel if they had a differen face, speech about it you might be able to convience a few on the fence some common sence in this whole mess of crazyness instead of making Yeager type threats and then everyone that has resistance to a 30 round magazine restriction is now a "homicidal maniac"

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Hear, hear. Our forefathers, as a community really should have chosen different faces to speak for them. I mean really, who actually appointed a bunch of radical sob's like Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Hale as their leaders, anyway. Sheesh. And has anybody read what that phreak Thomas Payne has to say! Just shows all of the colonials as a bunch of raving lunatics. I'm glad that the Crown was planning to seize their weapons at Lexington. Serves 'em right that every one of the bastids was wanted after signing that inflammatory crap in July. All they had to do was write their representatives in London. They were protected by the Magna Carta, after all. Maybe a group hug.

Last edited:

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Hear, hear. Our forefathers, as a community really should have chosen different faces to speak for them. I mean really, who actually appointed a bunch of radical sob's like Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Hale as their leaders, anyway. Sheesh. And has anybody read what that phreak Thomas Payne has to say! Just shows all of the colonials as a bunch of raving lunatics. I'm glad that the Crown was planning to seize their weapons at Lexington. Serves 'em right that every one of the bastids was wanted after signing that inflammatory crap in July. All they had to do was write their representatives in London. They were protected by the Magna Carta, after all. Maybe a group hug.

"Give me liberty or give me death."

What would the BS posts be if this were said today? Radical? Crazy? Inflamatory? Dumbass? Idiot?

in625shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    I basically sum it up to the old saying "It's not what you sa it's how you say it!" What I am saying is the same couple folks though valid points are the first ones to run up on to certain media wether CNN, FOX the View whatever and it's how they spout off not to mention folks like Pierce Morgan invite that kind of confrontation because he spins it into his favor. We really need a few new faces making the same valid points except not coming across as a babling idiot. I am even a gun guy and I get embarrased when some of them start spewing. That is no surprise we are slow to educate the non gun affiliated masses with those type of spokesman because most of them just believe what they have been told about this or that make of firearms or whatever the anti gunners want to paint!

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    Wow Leonidas, just so I'm clear it appears that you are compairing the founding fathers men like Jefferson, Adams, Hall, Hooper, Walton to Alex Jones and James Yeager? The Declaration of Independence was a well thought out and articulate set of ideas. Don't think for a minute that they all just said yup that will work Thomas what ever you want however you want to say it is good with us. No I bet there was lots of working together for the same goal, I would also assume that there were a number of passionate people that needed the voice of reason to step in and prevent them from doing more harm than good. The two people I have mentioned are not even in the same league. I dont think that if the founders had acted in a manner like Jones and company have they would have had the support or sucess that they did.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom