The **** you heard people say about firearms...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Ehhh... jargon. Probably gives you an aneurysm to here clip for mag? LOL

Clip vs mag doesn't really bother me, it's just a common mistake in terminology. Crack barrel makes no sense. And if it's just jargon, then the same could be said for most of the examples stated in this thread.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Clip vs mag doesn't really bother me, it's just a common mistake in terminology. Crack barrel makes no sense. And if it's just jargon, then the same could be said for most of the examples stated in this thread.
    I say mag but I don't correct others for saying clip . Crack barrel is so common that I don't even think about it .

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    A friend bought a Dillon 650 press. He bought all new Dillon dies cause his old dies won't fit in the Dillon press. I tried to tell him that I use all my old dies (RCBS, Lee, Lyman, Redding, etc) in my 650, he said I didn't know what I was talking about. Funny thing, I've been reloading some 45 years and I'm still learning. He's been reloading for ten years and he knows everything. Just ask him.

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a new .308 blued with walnut hunting rifle last year. An older gentleman in the small shop remarked as I looked "That .308 is a good brush gun but, I would rather a .270 for long shots. It will reach out there and get them because it is so flat shooting."
    i can't remember how many times I have heard these two comments regarding one caliber or another.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Yesterday, I had an LEO tell me that my LA CHP did not allow me to carry a loaded handgun. I could carry a pistol, but it is illegal to have a loaded magazine.

Straight from the horse's mouth, or maybe the other end.

You can carry a loaded handgun in your vehicle, openly or concealed (in the vehicle). You cannot carry it concealed on your person (even in the vehicle) without a CHL. This was spelled out in my CHL class.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    You can carry a loaded handgun in your vehicle, openly or concealed (in the vehicle). You cannot carry it concealed on your person (even in the vehicle) without a CHL. This was spelled out in my CHL class.
    But , can you carry a concealed handgun on your person , in your own residence ( without a permit ) ? :eek3:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

This is correct, but it's a permit, not a license.

But , can you carry a concealed handgun on your person , in your own residence ( without a permit ) ? :eek3:

Legally, no.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x

Sorry if I wasn't clear. The LEO stated I could carry a handgun if I had a CHP, but it was illegal to have it loaded.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    If that was true, a rock would be just as good.

Absolutely. Rocks are everywhere!

dar930devjkikvhfs1v7.jpg

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    "I need summa dis for my shady 380" while holding a box of G2 RIP rounds.

Slim Shady?

I overheard a guy talking about buckshot to his family at dinner the other night. I was unaware that buckshot had such an explosive and destructive force. And I quote "All my friends were laughing at me, because it let out this massive explosion and nearly ripped my shoulder off."

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Slim Shady?

I overheard a guy talking about buckshot to his family at dinner the other night. I was unaware that buckshot had such an explosive and destructive force. And I quote "All my friends were laughing at me, because it let out this massive explosion and nearly ripped my shoulder off."

Was it his first meal in 3 years? He sounds like he might have been on the malnourished side if it did such things to his shoulder.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Slim Shady?

Imagine if he were on the other end. I remember my brother-in-law getting his first gun for his 13th birthday an 870 express super mag. They went skeet shooting and he came home with a bruised and bloodied shoulder. Luckily it didn't detour him. He turned into a heck of a deer hunter and a pretty good shot. I'll have to remind him of that story this weekend.

mj65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Working in a gun shop and a lady walks in and loudly pronounces "I hate guns" and then proceeds to begin inquiring about the "pretty & shiny" ones in the case. Attempting to remain as calm as possible and "educate" this individual during her inquiries, and carefully assisting her in handling a few because she was quite vocal in saying "it's just a gun and a dummy could figure it out", she proclaims that her intentions were to do harm to another individual.....really? Needless to say, I think I saved someone's life that day (maybe even hers) because I refused to give her a 4473 and told her she needed to spend some time with a friend who could spend some time teaching her some basic safety. Unbelievable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom