This is NOT helpful, Senator......

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    really, what was she thinking??? guess she can kiss away all hopes of being the keynote speaker at next years nra conference.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    She showed off the laser sighting by pointing the red beam at the reporter's chest. The gun has no safety, she said, but there was no need to worry.

"I just didn't have my hand on the trigger," she said.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    file.php

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Klein put out a statement on how it went down, which differs from the reporters account.

You can listen/watch the reporter talking about (video @ top right).
    There is also some sound bits of the reporter and Klein talking about it after-wards.

Statement on Sen. Lori Klein-reporter gun incident

Thank you for your inquiry, but I will not be giving any more interviews on this topic. It makes little sense to contribute to a media feeding frenzy that is driven by a few individuals who never miss the opportunity to advance an anti-2nd Amendment agenda.

What I will do is recap the events so that you can draw your own conclusions based on the events as they occurred.

I was asked to show the reporter my weapon so that they could take pictures of it. I ensured that the chamber was clear before displaying the weapon. That is basic gun safety and something that I do instinctively, just like virtually every gun owner.

The photographer, who was behind me at the time, asked me to show him the laser sight and I did so, turning it on and shining it on the wall in front of me (away from the photographer). During this demonstration, the reporter came and sat down in the sofa in front of me, placing himself in the line of the laser sight.

He noticed the light, then I noticed the light, then I turned it off.
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/elect...20110711arizona-lori-klein-transcript-on.html

:)

mb504

Better than Cheese
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    New Orleans
    This blog has a response from her too, it seems the guy walked into the path and she immediatly lowered at that point.

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/0...-lori-klein-gives-ttag-her-side-of-the-story/

During the interview, she didn’t whip out her gun to show it off. The reporter specifically asked to see her gun. He then wanted her to demonstrate the Crimson Trace laser. Senator Kline complied, pointing the gun toward a wall and activating the laser.

The reporter then approached her, momentarily getting himself between the gun and the wall. The Senator said that as soon as she realized the laser was on his chest, she immediately lowered it. She also made a point of saying that she doesn’t know whether or not Ruelas got in front of the gun intentionally or not.

Klein went on to say that there’s no excuse for allowing the gun to laser the reporter. She knows she was wrong and reiterated that at no time was her finger on the trigger. There wasn’t a round in the chamber. And while all that may be true, she fully realizes that she was responsible for where the gun was pointing.

The Senator’s in her first elected position and said through inexperience, she allowed herself to be used by a reporter who decided what his angle on the story was going to be before he talked to her. Her biggest regret, though, isn’t any personal embarrassment about what happened. It’s giving gun controllers a convenient story and ammunition against gun owners. She then apologized to 2A supporters for, in effect, letting her guard down.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom