Three Baton Rouge Police Shot

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marshrunner757

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Sulphur, LA
    If a weapon is used to assault someone, is it then an assault weapon??
    Only according to the media and the government. I consider then to be a firearm for self defense which someone has chosen to use in a harmful manner. Kinda like a cargo truck driven into a crowd of innocent people. Haven't heard them call it an ASSULT vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    After looking at these weapons in the picture, and knowing the cost of each, along with the optics. One has to ask themselves where did his money come from? He would regularly fly back-and-forth between Ghana Africa and Missouri. He himself explain how he would give his books away. Who paid for the publishing of the books? These are the questions that long. I was always told if you follow the money you will find the motive.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    After looking at these weapons in the picture, and knowing the cost of each, along with the optics. One has to ask themselves where did his money come from? He would regularly fly back-and-forth between Ghana Africa and Missouri. He himself explain how he would give his books away. Who paid for the publishing of the books? These are the questions that long. I was always told if you follow the money you will find the motive.

That's my question.

People claiming this wasn't an ambush. Not many people casually walk around with a locked n loaded tavor.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    I just heard that a cousin of Officer Montrell Jackson was detained for questioning in the immediate aftermath of the officers' murders. Apparently he was held for something like 6(?) hours, then released. Now, that scumbag has filed suit claiming unlawful arrest or some such nonsense. Anybody else heard about this? It looks to me like he's just trying to profit off his cousin's murder!

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    He was detained because him and another guy changed from street clothes to church clothes at the Port allen Walmart. They were singing at a church thing somewhere in the BR area. He had no idea what had just gone down. Unfortunately they changed clothes from black to other clothes or to black clothes. Bad timing on his part. I don't see how he is profiting from his cousin's murder.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    To you guys living or working in Baton Rouge....have all the BLM/Alton Sterling protests ceased? I haven't read anything about em on The Advocate website lately.
    Is it pretty much a done deal now?

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    To you guys living or working in Baton Rouge....have all the BLM/Alton Sterling protests ceased? I haven't read anything about em on The Advocate website lately.

It'll never be over... I know for a fact BLM is having a meeting at the state capital in a few weeks. I'm still waiting to see if the feds charge the officers or not. That'll stir up the hornets nest either way. If the officers get charged, then I'll go protest.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge

They'll be back. It'll get worse before it gets better.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    They'll be back. It'll get worse before it gets better.
    Sadly this is the case. Luckily for now the protests have basically stopped. Two nights ago I saw one lady with a small child holding a sign around 9:45 PM across from the police headquarters.

--Sent from my Galaxy S6

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA

After the tragedy on airline/old Hammond, it's been all quiet.

Scary quiet.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    ...I don't see how he is profiting from his cousin's murder.

If he cared about catching the punk who shot his cousin, IMO he should have just thanked the officers for doing their job. Instead, he's trying to get some $$$. Hopefully, his suit will get thrown out with the contempt it deserves.

Top Bottom