Thugs in CA mock and attack mentally disabled woman

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Question is, who here would have stepped up to stop it?

As long as they were not posing a serious threat to the individual, I think this is a time when the police would have been the right way to go. They weren't going to kill or maim her from all outward appearances, and vigilante justice is usually frowned upon. You would probably end up sharing the cell with them and 50 of their friends. I vote monitor the situation for escalation while calling LE to handle it.

username123

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    St. Bernard
    As long as they were not posing a serious threat to the individual, I think this is a time when the police would have been the right way to go. They weren't going to kill or maim her from all outward appearances, and vigilante justice is usually frowned upon. You would probably end up sharing the cell with them and 50 of their friends. I vote monitor the situation for escalation while calling LE to handle it.

Did you watch the whole video? One guy smacked her in the face, then another guy knocked her out!

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I wish she would have caughtthe first POS and put an ass kicking on him, then it would have been a good video.
    Sorry, obviously not everyone is created equally. The mentally challenged girl is obviously a lot smarter than the giggling retards in the video.

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie

When you are defending someone, a female, especially a mentally hadicapped person, I don't think you would have been charged by a DA or a jury. I would have stepped in and stood ground for her. If the thugs escalated the situation, then whose fault would it have been?

She was knocked unconscious, a second degree felony battery in this state. You are allowed to stop aggression to an innocent person who's life is in jeapordy or if that person may sustain serious bodily injury.

Sometimes you have to grow a pair and stand for whats right.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Did you watch the whole video? One guy smacked her in the face, then another guy knocked her out!

I did not. Since I found no pleasure in it, I stopped watching at the point where she charged one of them and he ran. Had I see them knock her out, yes, that is a life-threatening injury and immediate and decisive action would be warranted up to the point at which they ceased to be a threat to her, or myself. Hopefully words could hold them off. If not, perhaps I could fight them off, perhaps not. Since it is in Kali, I doubt I would have any firearm on me, so it would just be me, my hands, and some training and luck.

When you are defending someone, a female, especially a mentally hadicapped person, I don't think you would have been charged by a DA or a jury. I would have stepped in and stood ground for her. If the thugs escalated the situation, then whose fault would it have been?

She was knocked unconscious, a second degree felony battery in this state. You are allowed to stop aggression to an innocent person who's life is in jeapordy or if that person may sustain serious bodily injury.

Sometimes you have to grow a pair and stand for whats right.

As stated, I found it distasteful and did not watch the whole thing to the point where they violently assaulted her. I thought it was just a light shove and jeering. I agree with you fully, knowing now what occurred. For the good of those who cannot, those who can sometimes must.

Last edited:

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    since i still have yet to taken any CC classes would someone care to enlighten me as to when deadly force would be justified in this situation? if you see a gang of douche bags assaulting a handicapped woman or anyone for that matter, is that justified? or does it have to be your own life thats endangered?

i havnt watched this video yet btw...in the library at school with no headphones

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    since i still have yet to taken any CC classes would someone care to enlighten me as to when deadly force would be justified in this situation? if you see a gang of douche bags assaulting a handicapped woman or anyone for that matter, is that justified? or does it have to be your own life thats endangered?

i havnt watched this video yet btw...in the library at school with no headphones

It depends. If you are white, you will be in the national media and are guaranteed to do some time. Al and Jessie will explain how they good citizen in dreadlocks was trying to assist the girl while his friend filmed it so they could get a boy scout badge and you stepped in and shot them because you are a racist.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    You are all forgetting that this happened in Kalifornia. Likely as now, CCW is not even on the table. It's going to be you and your hands or EDC knife or whatever you see laying around. Maybe a good metal pen if you carry one.

Slim

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    You are all forgetting that this happened in Kalifornia. Likely as now, CCW is not even on the table. It's going to be you and your hands or EDC knife or whatever you see laying around. Maybe a good metal pen if you carry one.

The question was, who would stop it. With no mention of California and the other guys question about CCW just assume it happened here.

Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    If someone rushed the thugs with guns blazing then that person would be looked at as an aggressor. We need to think. The most serious of situations, including self defense and justifiable homicide, will result in a district attorney reviewing the case.

No one here can say how they would react due to human intervention, three thugs involved. If someone stepped up, would words such as "stop, I called the police," be enough to make the thugs back away?

Would all three thugs have jumped the bystander who helped the woman?

Would the thugs have pulled a gun?

The latter two scenarios would be classified as a justifiable self defense homicide by Louisiana Law.

Opinion: If someone steps into a situation against thugs with the thug-life mentality, the thugs will feed off of each other's behavior and mindset. I have seen it first hand. Sometimes they want trouble, but allot of times they are cowards will back down and run their mouths. You did not see them attacking another young male who could defend himself.

I would have done my damndest to put then in the hospital without a gun.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom