**Thx Dave's Gun Shop** Anyone know how to fix a Marlin 60 .22?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NitroX

You can't fix stupid.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    It no workie...

When you pull back the slide to normally engage the trigger it doesn't stay back (when unloaded) like it used to and it won't engage the trigger to dry-fire it.

Anyone know if Marlin has lifetime warranty maybe? It's older than I am and taking it to a gunsmith would most likely be more costly than the rifle.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    They are fairly simple...take it apart (only 3 screws) and see if anything looks weird.

marlin-glenfield60.jpg

NitroX

You can't fix stupid.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    Yeah, I can't see that close up to be able to tell. I'll have to find someone that knows about them and can check it out. Thanks tho for the 2 places to look, much appreciated.

NitroX

You can't fix stupid.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    Yeah, I can't see that close up to be able to tell. I'll have to find someone that knows about them and can check it out. Thanks tho for the 2 places to look, much appreciated.

JustinR

Zombie Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Lafayette
    Nitrox, bring it by the shop, and I'll try to help you out if I have time. I've taken a few apart before, but without looking at your particular gun, I have no idea where to tell you to start.

NitroX

You can't fix stupid.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    Drop it off at my house and I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong with it.

Sounds good. Justin is around the corner from me so I will see what he can do and if he can't then I'll find you in town, thx :)

Nitrox, bring it by the shop, and I'll try to help you out if I have time. I've taken a few apart before, but without looking at your particular gun, I have no idea where to tell you to start.

I'll drop it off tomorrow. Thx man.

NitroX

You can't fix stupid.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    Took in the Marlin for Justin at Dave's Gun Shop in Lafayette. He and Dave found the culprit keeping the bolt from locking back and also keeping the bolt from going forward far enough to lock into place. The tip of the "bolt hold open" broke off and became lodged inside. Removal of the broken part makes the gun work now although the bolt no longer holds open on last shot fired, which is no biggie.

Thanks Justin & Dave!

155rtzq.jpg

JustinR

Zombie Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Lafayette
    What the hell? I guess mine's always been broke, I didn't think they even had a bolt hold open feature. :rofl:

They actually have TWO bolt hold open features. The one we found in Nitrox's gun is what holds the bolt back on the last round internally and is released by a small lever next to the trigger guard. The other feature that it has which is completely unnecessary, is the bolt handle can be pushed in towards the receiver when the bolt is being held all the way back while clearing the chamber. So yes, these guns have both an "internal" and "external" bolt hold open feature. Try it and make sure yours works!

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    They actually have TWO bolt hold open features. The one we found in Nitrox's gun is what holds the bolt back on the last round internally and is released by a small lever next to the trigger guard. The other feature that it has which is completely unnecessary, is the bolt handle can be pushed in towards the receiver when the bolt is being held all the way back while clearing the chamber. So yes, these guns have both an "internal" and "external" bolt hold open feature. Try it and make sure yours works!

Exactly. I'm not sure if all years have them. It is a bit weird. Makes up for not having one on a Remington Nylon 66 though.

JustinR

Zombie Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Lafayette
    They get dirty quickly. to me the biggest advantage a 10/22 has over a 60 is the 10/22 is so much easier to clean.

I disagree with you there. The model 60 is very simple to take apart. Unscrew the stock from the barrel/action and pull out the bolt. Breakdown is very similar. Once you know how to do it, it's a piece of cake. Just like the Ruger Mk II/III. EVERYONE complains about that one....until they figure out how it's done, lol.

Top Bottom