Tile people

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    1. Same group or different?

2. Are they redoing it or repairing it?

3. What did the contractor(s) say about the first round of work?

4. Did you guys ever find out what is behind the tile as far as waterproofing the sub-straight?

This test will be graded.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    1. Same group or different?

2. Are they redoing it or repairing it?

3. What did the contractor(s) say about the first round of work?

4. Did you guys ever find out what is behind the tile as far as waterproofing the sub-straight?

This test will be graded.

Same group

Redoing

Oops?

Not yet to my knowledge.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Same group

Redoing

Oops?

Not yet to my knowledge.

Redo is good.

It's time to ask someone there in charge what waterproofing product was used on the sub-straight in the first place, and if the waterproofing will also be redone or how it will be repaired after demo (ex: Kerdi, Redguard, Hydroban, etc, etc, etc...). Remember, tile and grout are NOT waterproof.

This is the time to start asking questions and take detailed photos of every step of the new install and every product they use. The blew it once. Watch them like a hawk.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Redo is good.

It's time to ask someone there in charge what waterproofing product was used on the sub-straight in the first place, and if the waterproofing will also be redone or how it will be repaired after demo (ex: Kerdi, Redguard, Hydroban, etc, etc, etc...). Remember, tile and grout are NOT waterproof.

This is the time to start asking questions and take detailed photos of every step of the new install and every product they use. The blew it once. Watch them like a hawk.

I'll ask the name of the product. I know they had blue and red colored stuff everywhere. I am pointedly ignoring them today. They're Jody's imbeciles to babysit. But photos and an eagle eye will be used.

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    The red guard was there product of choice for waterproofing and with the ammout of takeoff and put back of tile I hate to say it but they need at least 3 and maybe 4 coats of that stuff before laying the tile. One pinhole is all it takes for water to penetrate behind the substrate and start growing mold and mildew. On a Shower this large I wish they had used kourdy. It's goof proof.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    The red guard was there product of choice for waterproofing and with the ammout of takeoff and put back of tile I hate to say it but they need at least 3 and maybe 4 coats of that stuff before laying the tile. One pinhole is all it takes for water to penetrate behind the substrate and start growing mold and mildew. On a Shower this large I wish they had used kourdy. It's goof proof.

3-4 coats... That explains why it took a week for them to paint, leave, paint, leave, paint, leave then. They did PLENTY of that in the beginning. And when they replaced tile the first time, it took them three or four days to get back to where they were when they started. So it sounds like maybe the waterproofing was done in several stages.

Homoudont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Kerdi isn't exactly goof proof. Takes quite a bit of skill to install correctly. I wouldn't trust a novice DIYer to install it correctly. But to waterproof a shower, Kerdi is the way to go.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rmsize
    Top Bottom