Tim Tebow Baseball Tryout

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/miracl...fan-wakes-tim-tebows-prayer/story?id=42742915

As Tebow stayed to do post-game interviews and sign autographs for fans, he was made aware of a man who had fallen sick in the stands. Brandon Berry, who was in the front row, dropped to the ground as his mouth began to foam and his body convulsed in what was later determined to be a seizure.

The violent shaking stopped, and Berry went limp.

According to local ABC affiliate KNXV, the former NFL star turned baseball minor leaguer ran to the side of Berry, reached down, and placed a hand on the sick man as he bowed his head to say a prayer. Witnesses say seconds after he was touched by Tebow, Berry jolted up and gasped for air, coughing loudly.

*It was a miracle moment that happened there,* a witness, Daniel Kelly, told the Associated Press.

Tebow stayed with Berry until the EMTs were able to administer care.

"You just remember what's important," Tebow later told ABC News. "Baseball's awesome it's something I'm so excited I get a chance to pursue, but what's important is lives matter, people matter. This young man, he mattered. So my first instinct was to just be with him, put my hands on him and pray for him.

"We get caught up in so many different things, things that we're pursuing and we forget about what matters most is the people around us," he added.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

I'm conflicted. Since his time as a Florida Gator as a Christian I have been proud of Tebow's un-relenting will to live his faith out loud. It takes strong character to be a college student and one of the guys and still keep focused on his faith. On the other hand I have always detested kooks like Bennie Hen who bonk you on the head and "heal" you, and halfway think maybe this was a PR stunt. IDK

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    I'm conflicted. Since his time as a Florida Gator as a Christian I have been proud of Tebow's un-relenting will to live his faith out loud. It takes strong character to be a college student and one of the guys and still keep focused on his faith. On the other hand I have always detested kooks like Bennie Hen who bonk you on the head and "heal" you, and halfway think maybe this was a PR stunt. IDK

Were the Apostles kooks as well, I mean, they laid hands on people and healed them? Hen might be a kook, but do you think that's a good comparable to Tebow?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Were the Apostles kooks as well, I mean, they laid hands on people and healed them? Hen might be a kook, but do you think that's a good comparable to Tebow?

Yeah any good student of the Bible should hit me with that question. I believe them to have been legitimate. The question usually comes to where do they point to for the credit. Heck maybe I have misjudged old Bennie all these years, but the Bible speaks to false profets repeatedly as a warning not to trust them. Just a little old stiff collar Southern Baptists skepticism.

Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Yeah any good student of the Bible should hit me with that question. I believe them to have been legitimate. The question usually comes to where do they point to for the credit. Heck maybe I have misjudged old Bennie all these years, but the Bible speaks to false profets repeatedly as a warning no to trust them. Just a little old stiff collar Southern Baptists skepticism.

Judge them by their fruit....Tebow seems legit, seems like he legitimately walks the walk...Hen? I really don't know, I don't pay any attention to him.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Judge them by their fruit....Tebow seems legit, seems like he legitimately walks the walk...Hen? I really don't know, I don't pay any attention to him.

Hence where my conflict begins. My healthy skepticism says he is playing minor league ball and needs a good gimmick to keep getting the endorsements. The Christian side says look to his fruits.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Flesh vs. Word

There have been many crazies preach the gospel and look and sound legitimate, but when the spotlight wasn't on them they were some of the most amoral humans to ever walk the earth. Healthy skepticism is important, because even good people fall. It's important that our faith in God not be contingent on our faith in people.

Top Bottom