Time for another AR build

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I just couldn't help it. When I saw THE JACK lower by Sharp Bro. I wanted one for a build.

I did some looking around and had a buddy at a local shop order me one for me.
    The lower showed up Friday and looks great.
    24zas6h.jpg

2yxnloy.jpg

2nqcmdx.jpg

I just got in a M16 M4 Davidson Defence Complete Melonite Nitride bolt carrier group BCG coming in from Delta Team Tactical for $90. They have them on sale right now. Regular price is $221.
    dxmxps.jpg

Now for the handguard. ????
    I really like the look of the Diamondhead V-RS™ "T" 13.5". I have found them listed from $165 to $189.
    mlrsxl.jpg

The barrel I am looking at is a 16" M-4 Profile Stainless Steel 1:8 Polygonal Rifled Barrel 5.56 Chamber by Black Hole Weaponry. That will cost me $265 but it is shipped with a free stripped flat top upper from Surplus Ammo. Plus free shipping.
    http://www.surplusammo.com/black-hole-w ... ped-upper/

For the butt stock I'm thinking of going with the ACE Skeleton Stock 9.9" stock, or the ERGO F93 PRO Stock.

Since I am putting in a good bit of money on this build I thought I should make it a little more special.
    I'm working out the detales on shipping it off to have the skull part of the lower Cerakoted in bone white.
    How cool would that be??

ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    I was about to say check out Blown deadline but speedracer beat me to it. He does awesome work.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Almost bought one at the gun show last weekend but got a .308 size lower instead. Still may do one soon. Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours.

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I saved some money on this build.
    Last week a friend told me that he might have a new black Ergo buttstock and grip sitting in his extra parts.
    I asked what he wanted for them and he said $60. That saved me about $100.
    34g0izm.jpg

The barrel and upper arrived the other day.
    11jtdeq.jpg

kec7rp.jpg

k9evy8.jpg

I ordered the Diamondhead V-RS™ "T" 13.5 handrail. Found it for $149.95 with free shipping.

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Looks like all you need is a lower and upper parts kit and some sights and you are good to go!

I have 3 or 4 mil spec LPKs, nothing fancy. I have been thinking about upgreading the fire control group.
    I have all the other small parts to finish the upper and lower. Haven't made up my mind on the flash hider yet. I have a few on hand already.

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    I'm currently doing a build also and would like to know if any of you guys know where I can get my parts dipped in Kuiu Verde camo pattern. I've got the Spikes Tactical skull lower and am thinking about getting the skull painted white after I get it dipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    I just couldn't help it. When I saw THE JACK lower by Sharp Bro. I wanted one for a build.

I did some looking around and had a buddy at a local shop order me one for me.
    The lower showed up Friday and looks great.
    24zas6h.jpg

2yxnloy.jpg

2nqcmdx.jpg

I just got in a M16 M4 Davidson Defence Complete Melonite Nitride bolt carrier group BCG coming in from Delta Team Tactical for $90. They have them on sale right now. Regular price is $221.
    dxmxps.jpg

Now for the handguard. ????
    I really like the look of the Diamondhead V-RS "T" 13.5". I have found them listed from $165 to $189.
    mlrsxl.jpg

The barrel I am looking at is a 16" M-4 Profile Stainless Steel 1:8 Polygonal Rifled Barrel 5.56 Chamber by Black Hole Weaponry. That will cost me $265 but it is shipped with a free stripped flat top upper from Surplus Ammo. Plus free shipping.
    http://www.surplusammo.com/black-hole-w ... ped-upper/

For the butt stock I'm thinking of going with the ACE Skeleton Stock 9.9" stock, or the ERGO F93 PRO Stock.

Since I am putting in a good bit of money on this build I thought I should make it a little more special.
    I'm working out the detales on shipping it off to have the skull part of the lower Cerakoted in bone white.
    How cool would that be??

Where did you find the Diamondhead V-RS 13.5"?

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    Let me know how the paint job comes out. I've got a Jack lower that I want to have the skull painted on and the entire gun done in a custom camo job. Thanks

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    WOW!! That looks better than ANY other painted one I've seen. GREAT JOB. What paints did you use for it?

Vas te faire encule Isis. Nous sommes Unis

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom