Toddrod's Fried chicken

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    So to treat myself before surgery tomorrow I decided to do up a batch of fried chicken. Here is how I do it now

1. Season chicken with a cajun type of seasoning. Tony's is too salty for me, I use a friend's version.
    2. Dredge through plain flour
    3. Dunk in a mixture of 4 beaten eggs and a 1/2 cup hot sauce. It will not be peppery, believe me.
    4. Dredge through a mixture of half flour and half corn flour with a tbsp of baking soda added.
    5. Fry it in a bath of hot oil at 350 degrees.

That is it and it is pretty good.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Sounds like a good recipe for the camp- Thanks!

Good Luck with the surgery tomorrow, bro- hope you have a quick recovery!

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    should be tough to the touch, and the breading should adhere well if you rub your finger across the chicken, the breading shouldn't be sliding off. I'd say 6 minutes for a strip, little longer for bigger pieces depending on if you're using new oil or not, the newer the oil the longer its going to take. if you cook it too long it'll be dried out.

Last edited:

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    should be tough to the touch, and the breading should adhere well if you rub your finger across the chicken, the breading shouldn't be sliding off. I'd say 6 minutes for a strip, little longer for bigger pieces depending on if you're using new oil or not, the newer the oil the longer its going to take. if you cook it too long it'll be dried out.

All of the above methods sound reasonable for determining if the fried chicken is done howerer; a call to 225-278-6*** or simply PM and Skiney will come buy and taste several pieces to ASSURE you you have done a satisfactory job at frying your chicken:}

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    buy a thermometer, the touch thing is fine, but you will get the best product from a temp. 165 for poultry. IF you pull it from the grease at the right temp it will guarentee its juicy and wonderful. Great recipe by the way, hot sauce mixed in with your milk/butter milk dredge is the way to go.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheMadKing504
    Top Bottom