Toilet paper shortage of 1973

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Just got off the phone with my mom. I was only 9 at the time so I had to ask if she remembered. And she laughed her ass off!
    Said she didn't see the show but remembered the big deal about it. I asked if she took part in the panic buying and she laughed again and said she knew better because of my dad. He supposedly told her that if she blew the budget buying a year's worth of toilet paper that he'd make sure she didn't sh$t right for a long time. Whatever he meant by that, it worked. And there's never been any panic buying in my family since.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    just got off the phone with my mom. I was only 9 at the time so i had to ask if she remembered. And she laughed her ass off!
    Said she didn't see the show but remembered the big deal about it. I asked if she took part in the panic buying and she laughed again and said she knew better because of my dad. He supposedly told her that if she blew the budget buying a year's worth of toilet paper that he'd make sure she didn't sh$t right for a long time. Whatever he meant by that, it worked. And there's never been any panic buying in my family since.
    bawhahahahahaaaaa

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Dad and I were talking about it when we were on the way To Cabela's. I had ordered some CCI Mini Mags on sale for 23 bucks for the 375 packs with also 20 off more since i grabbed 7 boxes.
    Back when Johnnie Carson did that Joke i was young but selves at stores were bare
    I also worked in lots of homes when Coke changed to "NEW COKE" few PLL had rooms of old coke in the home

pawpaw131

Old School
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Lafourche
    I remember that very well. People bought toilet paper by the cases and stored it in attics, sheds, garages, whereever they found space.

Top Bottom