Too much CC?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I have spares because I'm afraid of crap breaking on me, not that I'm going to need 50+ rds of ammo and two gun mojo. I have Quality guns and knives, but knowing my luck, Something will go wrong when I need it most lol. The worst fear I have is drawing, presenting, and only hearing *click*.

GOAT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    New Orleans
    13 + 1 in my G23 and maybe my singleshot 20ga in the truck and I live in New Orleans, next to a less than desirable neighborhood, whose indigenous tribalfolks always come into my neighborhood with desires to get rich quick off of our lawn equipment and siphoning gas. They are just cowards that pick on the weak. A 35 yr old man and his 14 year old son robbed an 87 yr old barely walking man in his own backyard. The sick part is the older guy was the lookout and the boy went into the man's pockets. Cowards. If these people are ever confronted with a challenge or a gun, they are going to be running like hell before I could get a shot off. My wife always carries her .38 spl +p and, thank god, we never had to even brandish. Maybe because they see us loading assault rifles in and out of our cars to go to the range.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Carrying two guns is not crazy, many instructors recommend it. Louis Awerbuck teaches carrying a back-up gun in place of a spare mag, or as he calls it a "New York Reload". Quicker to draw another gun than swap mags if you run dry or have a malfunction. Having a gun on each side also offers an advantage if you lose use of an arm due to injury.

I carried two for a while, but it just wasn't practical for me at work as my job involves a lot of manual labor.

My work/NOLA carry: G19, spare G17 mag, Benchmade Griptilian, Fenix PD30, SOG multitool. Everything but the Glock (thank goodness) gets used daily.

My weekend/Mandeville carry: G26 and a Benchmade MiniGrip.

All said and done though, what you carry isn't nearly as important as mindset and training. Having 20 pistols and 2 rifles on you doesn't mean **** if you don't know how and when to use them. And learning how to recognize and avoid situations is infinitely more important than any of the above. No matter how much you practice, your draw stroke will only get so fast. Recognizing and reacting to a problem even 2 or 3 seconds sooner can be the difference between life or death in a self-defense situation. Once reaction begins, training should take over.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I defense of 1911's, I have a springfield mil-spec. A pretty low end 1911 by 1911 standards. I've had probably 10,000 est. through it. only modification to it is grips, wolf springs (as I replace them regularly) and a Wilson Combat bulletproof extracter (as my original wore out around 5,000) and wilson combat 47D magazines. Besides all sorts of funny things when the extractor wore out, with good bullets and lubed properly, that gun is a ticking clock.

I also own a glock 19. FTF a few times with KCI magazines, about 6,000 though it.

I belive either of the guns properly cared for with good parts are reliable guns.

The 1911 needs more maintenance and preventive parts replacement

the glock needs bullets

I can hit anything with the 1911

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Same danger; maybe more.

Ever since Katrina, there isn't much difference between NOLA and BR.

I've never had a problem in that area but I understand the risks of the Gardere neighborhood. I live in St Gabriel and the Brubank/Gardere/Bluebonnet area is the closest, most convient area for me to do many of my errands. I shop at that Dollar General on the way home from work. I regularly stop by the Here Today Gone Tommorrow thrift store. The Albertsons where the parking lot shootings recently occured is where I gas up and get groceries. I'm often at the China Star there in the same shopping center (love the mongolian beef). I go to Segin Village for my eye glasses. My dentist is on Bluebonnet near Swaggartville.
    I carry a pistol and spare mag as well as a couple less than lethal options but that's it. Not like I'm loaded for battle. If I feel that threatened I just avoid the area. But the fact is, I work all night in Midcity and then drive home through south BR. That's also where I'm going to stop to do my shopping along the way. Heck, just look at my Automatic Position Reporting System track for the past 5 days-> http://aprs.fi/?call=KC5SAS&mt=roadmap&z=11&timerange=432000 . That's pretty much where I'm going to be most of the time. Know the risks but live your life too.

Last edited:

ragincajun1919

Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Sep 23, 2009
    Lafayette, La
    When I CC, I carry 2 Desert Eagle 50AEs equipped with Aimpoint T-1s, and for backup I carry a HK Mk23. I often wonder whether I carry too much, but if I am pulled over and have to declare it, I think the officer will understand that I am just preparing in case I'm surrounded by 10 guys in an alley, or of course, zombies

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA

Josey_Wales.jpg

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    The most I ever carried at one time was a 1911 IWB, a G19 reverse draw/shoulder holster, P3AT in my pocket, and a G26 on my ankle. I was going through a transitional phase at that point in my life and my philosophy was that a spare gun was better than a spare magazine.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    The BUG just isn't a viable option for me on a day-to-day basis, as it would have to be something bigger than a pocket pistol. I toyed with an LCR for a while, but it mostly wanted to tug my pants down at all times. And I ain't wearing long bottoms to cover an ankle rig during the summer. I think it's a great option to have, but I don't know how I feel about it as a replacement for a spare mag. If you don't have time to drop an empty and throw in a fresh one, or clear a malfunction of some kind, you're probably not going to have time to draw the spare, either. Plus it's one more gun you had BETTER be practicing with, and one more extensive addition to your manual of arms. AND something else to train for-- the primary-to-secondary transition, in all sorts of different conditions.

M&P 45 FS, 2 spare mags on the other hip, CRKT M16, and a varied array of flashlights (one at a time). The not-so-light, not-so-heavy daily load for me.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    The most I ever carried at one time was a 1911 IWB, a G19 reverse draw/shoulder holster, P3AT in my pocket, and a G26 on my ankle. I was going through a transitional phase at that point in my life and my philosophy was that a spare gun was better than a spare magazine.

You carried a 1911 and two Glocks and a Kel-Tec????? How did your pants not fall off?

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    What do you guys mean by "NOLA Carry"? Taking along a few mechanized divisions along with you with some squad-sized elements as back-up?

Top Bottom