Trace the history with "extension"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I had a couple people mention the dreaded "extension of home" just the other day.

Do we know how this got started? It is a very very common mentality. Was there a police chief statement, news piece, AG opinion, or what? It seems embedded into society here.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I had a couple people mention the dreaded "extension of home" just the other day.

Do we know how this got started? It is a very very common mentality. Was there a police chief statement, news piece, AG opinion, or what? It seems embedded into society here.

You're inquiring about the Castle Doctrine I believe,

If so, then you can start HERE

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I'm talking about the "your vehicle is an extension of your home" phrase. It's often heard but where did it start? It seems too common not to have some real source. Are you suggesting that because castle law covers vehicles, that the term came into be when the castle law went into effect?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I'm talking about the "your vehicle is an extension of your home" phrase. It's often heard but where did it start? It seems too common not to have some real source. Are you suggesting that because castle law covers vehicles, that the term came into be when the castle law went into effect?

I think the term was around long before the castle law was talked about. Don't know who started it but would like to know.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

HB 98 & HB 1097

Signed in by Gov. Blanco believe it or not.

Gov. Kathleen Blanco signed a bill, HB 1097, to legalize the use of deadly force against any intruder into a home, business or vehicle.

A shooter would not have to persuade police that he believed his life was in immediate danger because the changes incorporated in the legislation would presume he acted "reasonably" if evidence shows the entry was unlawful and forced.

Under previous Louisiana law, someone who kills an intruder must prove in court that the use of deadly force was necessary.

The governor earlier signed a companion bill, HB 89, to allow the legal use of force to ward off a violent attack in a home, business or vehicle.

As you can see, 1097 made ABOSLUTE certain about the wording in HB 89.

Being that the law already covered intruders coming into your House, after these two HB's, it was made clear that your business and vehicle or also included.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I understand what you're saying, but the phrase"an extension of your home" was around long before Blanco. I think FB is looking for a bit more etymology.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    We'll that phrase, on the internet, exist only around the Castle Doctrine and the Bills I've posted.

Anything beyond that I'm not sure of.

Top Bottom