Train crashes into semi in Slidell

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    The green tank is always there. It's just for decoration. The semi got wedged under that tank, and actually pushed it about a foot forward.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    So it was carrying the APC, was hit, and crashed into a tank?

This could only get more ridiculous if a helicopter crashed on top of the whole thing.

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    Yeah, I haven't read the details but they cross those tracks all the time bringing the APCs out of there. Looks like someone wasn't looking or tried to beat the train. Either way, half of Front Street has been blocked off all day.

~rc~

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Good thing that the train had just stopped. Had that happened a few miles from there like near Brownswitch Road that train would have been moving much MUCH faster and could have been a disaster for sure.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Wow, of all the places to crash, a tank is involved.

The automated crash report program has graphics for an M-1 Abrams tank, and I've always thought "What the hell do they have that in there for?" Now I know.

I was on my way to city court this morning and this had just happened, ended up directing traffic nearby for two hours before being relieved and going to court. The last word I had was that Norfolk Southern was working light-speed with a killer set of tools, and they were anticipating the track and roadway being opened by 2300 hrs. Every train that doesn't get through is money lost, so they don't mess around.

Norfolk Southern Police and Amtrak officials/workers came up to the roadblock nice and calm, the first "emergency" vehicle to come screaming up like a bat outta hell lit up like a Xmas tree, half a dozen antennas whistlin' in the wind, and weaving in and out of traffic (instead of keeping the left lane) risking lives bore a US Gov't. plate, probably some desk weenie who's been waiting 10 years to get an opportunity to run code. Like the train wreck was gonna go somewhere anytime soon. Police/Fire/EMS on the scene for 45 minutes but "Everybody get outta my way!" Made me think of Dumb and Dumber: "It's OK, I'm a limo driver!"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom