Tropical Storm Lee

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    Anyone making preps or taking this storm serious. The weather forecasters are making this storm sound like it could equal the May '95 flood.

Anyone being affected by the winds, rain, flooding?

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    working dayshift, raincoat and some rubber boots in the unit. and dry socks in case I can't get to the rubber boots in time.

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    Done with preps. Went to the grocery (had to do that anyway), put away my ficus trees off of the patio and checked the oil in the gen. Done. Oh, forgot, I bought rum. Now, done. ;)

Last edited:

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    294850_10150272969112126_507462125_8103689_1262394_n.jpg

Took this today. Lastnight, threw my crab trap out the bobber was about on top of the water, 5-6 inches.. now its 2-4 inches under.... haha... just got back home.. pretty well stocked up just praying the water does not flood me out again. I just moved here last month, last time I was here Katrina came thru :(

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Got called in for special extra shift Saturday morning - when I was looking forward to the first opportunity to sleep late in about 2 weeks.

LSUh20fowler

In the woods
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Vidrine,LA
    I'm riding this one out offshore because our company waited to late to evacuate us. The helicopters have done flown north to Lake Charles. This platform is rocking like a pirogue in the Pacific.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Have boat filled with gas sitting un-tethered on trailer and a case of twinkies and three bags of pork skins, along with four cases of bottled water.

Sitting here with my neighbor Noah and his animals awaiting outcome of Lee:}

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Left the shop early to shelter up at home. I got some considerate bosses there at the shop. I was busy working, completely oblivious to anything but my work, really, and forgot about the incoming storm until around lunch time when some of the other guys mentioned it was a TS now/then. Like 10 minutes later one of the bosses remembers I have to drive all the way back to Lafayette (from BR) and tells me to head out before I get stuck in BR, if they close the Basin bridge, and before the weather stirs up too quick and makes it dangerous.

Otherwise, I mainly just made sure I got the easily-blown-around stuff put up in the shed, and bought a case of beer. I keep jugs and bottles full of water frozen in the freezer in case I need to move them down into the fridge, or in a cooler, to keep the beer cold in case of power outage :P

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Filled up the gas cans just in case.

Somebody explain to me if we're expecting bad weather why don't they pump the canals all the way down? Is there a good reason not to?

Top Bottom