Troy Claymore muzzle brake

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    I just ordered one for my 300 BLK upper and would like to know if anyone else has used one? I like the fact that all sound waves and pressure waves are sent forward.

I have a Miculek brake on my .223 upper and although it works very well in reducing recoil it is not suited for hunting as the noise level is just unbearable. I fired 1 round from my .223 and my ears rang for a couple of minutes and had ear pain. I will probably be returning it and get another Troy, or another brand.

I am setting these guns up for my 9yr old to hunt with.

MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    The claymore is true to its name and sounds just like the real thing it does however reduce felt recoil significantly

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    I never use to care for muzzle brakes until I purchased an AR10. I could not get it to control well and the recoil was tough on me. So based on advice I got one. It reduced the recoil to nearly that of a AR15. So now I think differently and say if it is a decent brand it should work well. I find that the noise is more in line with that of a shotgun than high power rifle.

madppcs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Forest Hill
    Man I have the exact opposite experience. I have a claymore on my 7.5" AR15 and I noticed an increase in recoil. And dont be fooled into thinking since the gasses are directed forward, the sound will too. Itll still be very painful just like any other brake. I got the claymore cause of my short barrel and I didnt want any pressure going left/right.

I dont see how it would decrease recoil anyways. Every other brake on the market redirects gas left-right-up so that the end of the muzzle stays centered and forced down slightly. So if this claymore brake directs them forward, the recoil would be magnified because the gasses are following the bullet correct? How would this brake work differently than any other brake?

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    FYI I was just commenting on use of brake. I have a JPS with adjustable gas block. Didn't want to jack the thread just comment on brake. My AR10 had a hard right jump. It doesn't have that with the brake.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom