Trust Form-1 Update

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    As promised, an update on my form-1s via trust route. I mailed three form-1s on 10-18-2008 and received two of them "approved" on 12-8-2008.:D 41 days from mailbox to mailbox. WOW that was fast! I am waiting on the third one with the hope that it will be any day. I am still waiting on a form-4 for a can from 10-6-2008. These were without the citizenship forms. YMMV.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Update. I received the third form-1 stamp today. 57 days on this one. The form-4, for the can, went pending on 11-19-2008. We'll see how long that one takes.

Let the chopping of barrels begin!:D

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    I had a trust attorney draw it up. PM me for info if interested. The form-1s go to West Virginia and the form-4s go to Atlanta. The Form-4s seem to be taking alot longer these days.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I had a trust attorney draw it up. PM me for info if interested. The form-1s go to West Virginia and the form-4s go to Atlanta. The Form-4s seem to be taking alot longer these days.

If only you knew how long I've been waiting, 57 days would seem like a weekend. I was not aware that they went to two different places to be processed, I thought they all ended up at the same place after the checks were cashed. :confused:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    If only you knew how long I've been waiting, 57 days would seem like a weekend. I was not aware that they went to two different places to be processed, I thought they all ended up at the same place after the checks were cashed. :confused:

The top of the Form 1 tells you the correct place to mail it to. ;)

The rumor is they make sure whatever you want to make is legal before sending your check to Atlanta to be cashed but who really knows.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    The top of the Form 1 tells you the correct place to mail it to. ;)

The rumor is they make sure whatever you want to make is legal before sending your check to Atlanta to be cashed but who really knows.

Well I haven't done a Form 1 before. :p I was just happy to see that the man said his form 4 was done approved 57 days Box to Box. I'd be ecstatic with that time frame. I might get to actually use my toys before they are banned!

Call to check your status. (304)616-4500 NFA branch, you will need the serial number of your item.

Good Luck.

I don't need to check the status just yet, the checks havent even cashed :mad:

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Richard

My three form-1s were approved in the times listed. Those are pretty straight foward, you most of the time already own the weapon and register to make an SBR out of it. The time is shorter because you already have the weapon but not all of the parts, so no additional transfers involved. Plus trusts do not have to undergo fingerprint check by the FBI. My form -4 was mailed by my dealer on 10-6-2008 and went pending on 11-19-2008. Who knows how long it will take. The can was purchased in May from an out of state dealer, then sent to my dealer, now waiting to come to me so this process has been going on since May. If you buy from a stocking dealer here it should be shorter because of less transfers.

Good Luck.

spicoli.j

Bowling Pin Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Houma
    cajun 22, I'm in Houma as well, and was wondering what kind of NFA stuff you have, I've got an SBR. I also wonder if you got signoff for any of your goodies, or if you went the trust route on all of them. I got the police cheif Pat Boudreaux to sign my Form 1, but I don't think that's going to work anymore.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    cajun 22, I'm in Houma as well, and was wondering what kind of NFA stuff you have, I've got an SBR. I also wonder if you got signoff for any of your goodies, or if you went the trust route on all of them. I got the police cheif Pat Boudreaux to sign my Form 1, but I don't think that's going to work anymore.

I went the trust route for all my goods. No signoff, No fingerprints, Nobody knowing about my stuff. Well you guys are O.K. I guess.:D

By the way Three SBRs, and pending on a form 4 for a can.

Last edited:

spicoli.j

Bowling Pin Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Houma
    Where do you shoot? I'd like to check out that can one day. What caliber/kind of can did you get, and what dealer did you use?

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    The can I am waiting on is a Gemtech MK9K. It is a high volume full auto can, in 9mm, for the HK and such. I got this one because of the volume of the can and the amout of sound reduction. I only have semi-auto guns :( but they are fun. I shoot at Southern Shooting Center in Thibodaux and on some private land I have access to when I want to be alone. I just received the form-1s back so I do not have any thing set-up to shoot yet. Barrels are being chopped and threaded as we speak. I have a full size Uzi and a Mini uzi to rig up and an AR lower that I will rig up in 9mm to run this can on also. Plus I am waiting on .22 and .30 cal cans also.:D Good to be me sometimes. I will let you know when it all comes together so you can check it out. The .30 can will run on the front of my AR-10 and some duty on the 6920 too. The .22 will be for pistols, AR. and the Uzis. Damn I can't wait!

BTW My dealer is Shooting Supplies in Houma. Super nice guy to deal with.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Update on the form 4 for the can. My dealer called yesterday and said the stamp is in!:D

I will go to pick it up on Monday. Still have a few things to complete before it gets used but it won't be long now.

10-6-2008 to 12-27-2008 77days total. Now the wait begins on the next two.;)

bestiller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    I had 2 Form 1's done last fall...74days door to door...Sounds like a long time but that's blazing speed for the NFA:D

Top Bottom