Trying to help out a friend (former Gretna PD)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    A buddy of mine just fell on some very hard times (worse than my ordeal) and needs your help,if possible. He's former Gretna PD and has been working as a musician on Bourbon st for the last 20 years. Recently,he got laid off and hasn't been able to get back on his feet yet. He wasn't earning that much to begin with and now he has nothing. Since then,he's lost his house,car and his one and only carry gun. I've managed to get him a part time gig but it's slow and it doesn't pay much but it's something for now. He gets out at 2:00 or 3:00 in the am and feels very vulnerable walking to the bus with his only guitar and the little bit of cash that he made that night. With the rise in robberies in the French Quarter having a gun on him would give him a little piece of mind.

He wants to buy a "cheap" gun,as he puts it and really doesn't care what it is as long as it works. It could be a Hi Point or Lorcin or Charter Arms or Rossi....what ever it is,the most he could spend is $100 and that's a stretch. He doesn't like asking for charity and he doesn't even know I'm putting this out there. I'm just trying to help him out. I wish I could just give him something but I'm still recovering from my lay off and have nothing to give except my support and a little bit of cash here and there. Actually,he doesn't even want to accept that from me,so I give it to his wife. I'm working full time now and things are getting better,slowly but surely,and I want to do for him what he did for me back in December when I lost my job.

Let me know what ya'll have to "throw out" and keep in mind that he can't spend more than $100. I know it's a stretch but I'm sure there's something out there that'll work for now. Thanks.

eman2k5

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Covington, LA
    How about a paypal donation to a gun fund ? Im down to add like $20 to get a fellow brother armed. Tell ya what if some of us put in 5,10 or 20 by the end of the day he should have enough money to get a decent gun.

eman2k5

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Covington, LA
    Cujo sent you a link to where people can donate to paypal. It will even give a button they can press. Just say the paypal is for guy on hard luck. Paypal will ban a account if they find out its for 2nd amendment stuff.

billandsonya

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Paypal idea sounds great. Let me know if that gets set up.
    I'll probably never get to hear him play, but I'm sure his music is tip-worthy. So a paypal tip jar gives us an opportunity to pay it forward.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom