Two part question: tattoos in New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Squatch

Subsea Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    River Ranch
    Couple friends from hi school in Seattle flying in mid June to spend a week celebrating her 35th and my 40th birthdays. Doing a half day offshore fishing trip, the Beach in south Texas then 3 days in nawlins. First, anybody recommend an excellent tattoo shop in NO? Then secondly I need ideas for my first tat. 39 yrs I've never found one I had to have, now I'm committed so I want to pick something good lol.

G

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Just don't do anything tribal. Do you have family? That's a good place to start. I have a plan for a full back tattoo that will be two clipper ships. One rugged and tough looking and on the transom it will read "Chase" (my son's name) and the other will be an elegant sailing ship with the name Serena (my daughter's name). Quite a lot of ink and not sure I'll ever go through with it, but it's the plan.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Don't get a tattoo

Tattoos should be thought about for years and have significant meaning. Get your design and stick it on your mirror. Look at the same thing everyday for 2-3 years. If you're not tired of it at that point and it steal means something to you, then go ahead and get inked up. I have a VERY good friend in Lafayette that does all my work, so don't bother with going to N.O.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    In New Iberia go see Larry McDaniel he owns "Just Ink", he also has a studio in New York, lots of tallent

In Laf, Gregory Courville owns "The Studio" its on 49 going towards carencro on the service road by State Police

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Don't get a tattoo

Tattoos should be thought about for years and have significant meaning. Get your design and stick it on your mirror. Look at the same thing everyday for 2-3 years. If you're not tired of it at that point and it steal means something to you, then go ahead and get inked up. I have a VERY good friend in Lafayette that does all my work, so don't bother with going to N.O.

+1 I have a few tats I got when I was 18-21 that doesn't mean anything to me now that I think of it.one day I'll either have them removed or covered up with something else.

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Don't get a tattoo

That's almost exactly what I did. I picked a design and studied it for 3 years pretty much before finally getting it.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Don't get a tattoo

Exactly.

I have a very meaningful tattoo that should be the world to me. I got it too quickly and allowed the artist to talk me into more. It's in a place I don't like and an artist I wasn't happy with. You can't think it through enough. Traveling cross country shouldn't be out of the question either. Don't squelch on ink.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I have no problem getting a tattoo and would actually like one, but I will NOT get one until it is something meaningful and if that something meaningful never comes along them oh well.

Mr.Squatch

Subsea Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    River Ranch
    I'm not getting out of it at this point, we made a pact lol. And I'll probably never live long enough to regret it, so what the hell, ya know? Been thinking about it for years, I figure I'll know what I want when I see it. I do like the AG logo, it's pretty badass.

No family that's close to me besides my dog. Maybe I'll get her mug on me lol.
    316535_2165615152982_1624755238_2248374_284246_n.jpg

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I'm not getting out of it at this point, we made a pact lol. And I'll probably never live long enough to regret it, so what the hell, ya know? Been thinking about it for years, I figure I'll know what I want when I see it. I do like the AG logo, it's pretty badass.

No family that's close to me besides my dog. Maybe I'll get her mug on me lol.
    316535_2165615152982_1624755238_2248374_284246_n.jpg

Oh travesty!! NO FLASH!!!!

You're probably not making a mistake if it's a pact with high school life long friends. The reason means as much as the image. You can never go wrong with beloved pets. I think you have an answer. But... You stand the chance of a great piece looking like ****. She'd require an intimate knowledge of shading. Some tattoo artists excell in some areas and fall short in others. If you're going to an unknown artist, keep it simple. An emblem is another good choice.

Last edited:

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Just don't do anything tribal. Do you have family? That's a good place to start. I have a plan for a full back tattoo that will be two clipper ships. One rugged and tough looking and on the transom it will read "Chase" (my son's name) and the other will be an elegant sailing ship with the name Serena (my daughter's name). Quite a lot of ink and not sure I'll ever go through with it, but it's the painful, painful indeed, plan.

Fixed it.

SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Uptown Tattoo. PM me and I will share some of my "work" that I have had done there. Bunch of buddies, myself, and my better half have all gone to Ramon Estevez. Top Notch Artist. Certainly dont want to be concerned with budget when it comes to ink.

KaCajun Boy

Crazy Kracker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    NOLA
    Mid City Voodoux Tattoos on South Jefferson Davis in NOLA is awesome!!! That's the only place I go and I have gotten Cornbread to do one of mine, MOMO did another and Lirette did another one, but I have seen some of the work done by other crew members and that whole crew is GREAT!!! I would highly recommend them, very nice people work there, but what sold me is just how clean the shop is and how careful the workers are when it comes to hygiene, plus the shop just looks cool, and how many places in NOLA have palm trees? "Just look for the palm trees!"

G

gunguy11

Hey man check out tspill. He is a member here. Does all my work and my families work, friends etc.
    Awesome artist! You can check out his portfolio it is listed in his signature.

Top Bottom