Unexpectedly hosed in the gun panic...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Man that's crazy price's...I can cast and reload 38/357's for way way less than these today price's...!

Can somebody explain to me why people are panic-buying .22LR ammo? I mean, who's talking about banning rimfire ammo? I just don't get it.

5250 rounds of CCI Blazer used to sell on gunbroker for $179 a month ago, now it's close to $800. Why?

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I had been ordering from Cabelas, but I see they arent taking backorders anymore.

BTW, just left Prairieville Walmart and the guy told me they got a big shipment of ammo this morning and one guy bought all of the 22, "several cases' whatever that means. He also said another shipment is due thursday night, but didnt know if 22lr would be in it. They had plenty of 40 and 45 when I left, no 9mm, 223 or 7.62x39

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    only on the internet people down talk the .22lr. in real life people i talk to respect it and fear it. they kill things with it, big and small. what it lacks in "stopping power" it more than makes up in amazing accuracy. its quiet. cheap to stock up on... a lot. almost anyone can hit a chest size target at 50 yards with a 22lr rifle. with minimal practice people can make head shots at 50 yards and simply aim for upper chest at 100 yards.

22lr bullet in chest + its shtf, + no hospitals = dead looter

youtube videos showing 22lr going through denim wrapped roast at 300 yards + shtf youtube videos + economy = new preppers buying up cheap bulk 22lr ammo by the thousands and a $200 10/22.

don't buy federal 550 bulk. those are mine. they are some deep penetrating hollow points for cheap. go buy the fancy ones with troy's pretty face.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    Can somebody explain to me why people are panic-buying .22LR ammo? I mean, who's talking about banning rimfire ammo? I just don't get it.

5250 rounds of CCI Blazer used to sell on gunbroker for $179 a month ago, now it's close to $800. Why?

It's the uncertainty of what the future holds. Like in business and taxes. Many business didn't expand last year because of fear of what Obama care and the tax man was going to cost them. People are afraid they won't be able to buy in quantities, government monitor their buying activity, or ammo gets taxed. So they go out and buy all they can afford and see what happens. You also have the folks trying to flip and make a dime off of others fears.

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    ... I think .22 LR is hard to find partly because everything else is so damn expensive/scarce and .22 LR give a lot of bang (in terms of fun) for the buck.

Rayneiac

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Plaquemine
    Jim's on Siegen still has CCI for $10/100 rounds. But that's it.

And the box of 375 with Troy Landry's mug is 38.

However, .380 is 18-21 per 50.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Also, don't forget a lot of the baby caliber AR owners either have a conversion kit or dedicated upper that lets them train with 22LR. That may have something to do with it. Having a big-boy caliber myself ;), I'm gonna just have to suck it up and dip into my stash if I wanna shoot during this ********.

Top Bottom