Unloading 45 ACP moon clips

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I recently purchased a S&W Governor and have a question about unloading the full moon clips. S&W only gives minimal instruction in the manual included with the revolver.

Is there any tricks to getting the spent 45ACP brass out of the clips. They are extremely tight in the clips after being fired. It seems like some tool might be necessary to extract them. Anybody have any experience with this or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How do you like the Governor?

This is what I use with my 625:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=6727/Product/MOON-CLIP-STRIPPER

Thanks jro, this is exactly the kind of tool that I was hoping to find. :D

Prior to purchasing the S&W Governor I owned a Taurus Judge for some time. I recently sold the Judge to pay for the Governor. I purchased the Governor for $619 new. I really enjoy the improvements that it has compared to the Judge. The lighter frame, extra sixth round, and 45ACP options make it well worth the extra $150 or so in price difference. Also the included tritium front night sight is a huge plus.

I shot it the other day with all three types of ammo, 45 ACP, 45LC, and various 410 shells. Just like in the Judge, I found the Federal Personal Defense 410 000 Buck shot to produce superb patterns. Fist size groups at 4 yards, and groups inside the inner ring on a POST target at 15 yards were common. Recoil is a bit stout with the 410 Buckshot, but not painful. I could shoot 45ACP though it all day. Overall its a really nice revolver.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    and there's always this if you want to get fancy

http://www.mooncliptool.com/

Collection.jpg

Top Bottom