*Update* (Didn't ) loose my job because of my remarks about Al Sharpton

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    Congrats! I started drinking something new every morning and I'm recommended it to everyone now!

vjuiajxb13gt4ud57n2n.jpg

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Excellent news. See, you had nothing to worry about. 6 month letter... around here our letters last 1 year. It goes without saying that you shouldnt communicate with the "people" who brought the accusations against you unless its absolutely work related and necessary. It sucks to have someone after your job, but these things eventually fade away. Just dont let the lesson fade away in your mind.

EDIT: Please refer to post 119 for my prediction on how this would play out. Not too bad huh? Like I said, I've only been in the game for about 10 years, but I see this kind of **** all the time.

Last edited:

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    This is what I thought I was going to happen as well. Once you have been brought into the brotherhood of working the plants/refineries you always will be there. Now if I can find a way to crack that damn shell then I could stop coming overseas and actually work at home!!

Congrats by the way. You got a little vacation, paid I hope and now you go back to work with a slap on the wrist.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I am glad for you. Very few real friends can be found nowadays. I look at everyone (regarding friendship) as like I do a snake I can't identify, so therefore, I treat the "snake" as though it is poisonous, and always keep a safe distance from it.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Update return to work tomorrow, letter in file, can't apply for another position for 6 months. But management actually fought for me to keep my job.

Lessons learned 1. Stay out of discussions involving race, religion, or politics. 2. Trust no one. 3. Document everything. 4. Back up all files to jump drive daily. 5. Record if possible any coaching and counseling with employee's. 6. Always have an attorney you can count on.

Thanks to everyone for your support and advice.

At one point or another, everyone says something that they wish they could take back. Just keep those little moments of in mind, and if anyone ever appears offended by you, just blow it off by saying "Sorry, I still felt a bit raw about when you said "...". I don't really think that, I was just being a bit childish taking a swing back at you..."

It's called MAD, and it worked great during the Cold War. It sounds like your work environment has a little "Cold War" of its own...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom