Update on grandson

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Josha my youngest grandson is leaving for the Youth Challenge program in Pineville ,La. today. I thank all for the input this past year on helping us deciede the best path for him. For those who don't know it's a 5 month training National Guard program for troubled teens 16 years or older. Hard to see him go but sometimes we have to take a tough love approach. Thanks again.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Went to visit him at Camp Beaurgard this past weekend . All good reports after 2 months in the program . Both his drill sgt. and teacher said he is doing great . I can see some big changes in his actions ,he is becoming a man at 16 .

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    There's also a YC program here in in Saint Gabriel. Every once in a while one or two of the cadets will sneak away from the program and try to get a ride somewhere else. St Gabriel PD gets called to drive around looking for them because they are entrusted to the program which is responsible for them. Most times they get caught walking down River Road or trying to get to the corner store a couple miles away to make a phone call. ST Gab PD will drive them back to Gillis Long and drop them off. Other times they make it a lot further. One of my sister's kids had a friend elope from there and my neice called me a couple of days later and said they found him hiding with friends in Livingston.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Hey man, I had to be set straight too, you did the right thing. Don't let up when he gets home, it's a process. Good luck to you both, I'd be really interested in updates on his progress.

(advice from a former kid with behavior problems: more family activities is a Huge plus when he gets home. Home cooked family dinners, hunting trips or Sporting Clay outings every week will give him a constructive direction and new friends are hugely important.)

Top Bottom